No Kitchen Since Dec. 23, Need Sugar Withdrawl Idea Relief!

Decorating By Bossy Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 1:39am by diamondsonblackvelvet13

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:15am
post #1 of 5

Kitchen is all packed up and in a POD in the front yard. Living room is in POD also and the new cabinets are in the livingroom (must be delivered to a climate controlled building to keep warrenty). We are doing the remodel ourselves and we took the kitchen down to the floor joist & studs. Had new plumbing all the way to the meter installed and new electric for my 1926 house. Needless to say, no cake decorating for me..uhgggggg. It's even to messy to make gumpaste flowers and figures. I found plaster and saw dust in my frig! I know it will be fantastic when it's done, but I need a sugar fix now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any suggestions on really good books are something else creative to get me through the next couple of weeks until we are finished. I'm sitting here salivating over all the cute Valentine's cake ideas wishing I could play in the kitchen. Anything at all?list=]

[/list]

4 replies
mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:46am
post #2 of 5

If you lived closer to me I would let you use my kitchen, but I'm states away from you. Best of luck getting your sugar fix.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:01am
post #3 of 5

Know what I did when I went thru a dry spell? I got some Sculpey and went to town. I've made a mask, pins, and figurines. I've gotten a cardboard house to work on during my next dry spell. I am going to make it a gingerbread house. Try that. You get to make all the stuff but not have to worry about the perfect cleanliness of your workspace. I hope this helps!

Bossy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bossy Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:53pm
post #4 of 5

I like the clay idea! Maybe I could even proctice some new flowers.
Thanks Diana.

diamondsonblackvelvet13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diamondsonblackvelvet13 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 1:39am
post #5 of 5

It works GREAT for flowers! Buy the red sculpey...it makes beautiful roses!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%