Cake Upset :(

Decorating By babycakes73 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 2:42am by babycakes73

babycakes73 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:49pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, so I am quite annoyed.
I baked my first chocolate cake in my large pampererd chef batter bowl.( I mean my first time using the batter bowl) and I even put a rose nail at the bottom of the bowl. Well the darn thing took FOREVER to cook in the middle. Finally the middle baked but the sides are not burnt but definatly getting close to it.
I am sooo peeved about this. Thank goodness the cake is for a friend, I am practicing doing this cake and giving it to her, so she really will not mind the rather dry outsides, yet miost inerds.
I on the other hand am the one beating myself up over it.(bit of a perfectionist here LOL)
Anyways my question here is, how could one possibly remedy this. I needed the cake to be bowl shaped like the batter bowl is.
Oh what to do , what to do.
Thanks

6 replies
jammjenks Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:08pm
post #2 of 7

Wilton sells a wonder mold pan. That will probably be better for what you need.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30A944-475A-BAC0-5E1F52DF76D8CE68&fid=3E32E5F5-475A-BAC0-57EC5973D66D14A3

babycakes73 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #3 of 7

Oh my goodness gracious.
Thank you oh so very much. I did not know they had such a thing.
This makes me happy, only wish I had it for todays cake.
I tend to wonder if chocolate cake has more of a tendancy to burn that say white cakes and such.

kakeladi Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:48am
post #4 of 7

Those special shapes take a long time to bake. You have to lower them oven temp down to 300 - 325 and give it about an hour (or more), depending on how much batter you put in.

mclaren Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:56am
post #5 of 7

over here they don't sell wilton's wonder mold pan alone, it comes together with the doll picks, and i don't want the picks.

i had the same experience as the OP icon_sad.gif

7yyrt Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:39pm
post #6 of 7

I think my wonder mold took between 75 and 90 minutes to cook. It's 1 1/2 cake mixes in size.

babycakes73 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:42am
post #7 of 7

I know where I live I can actually rent cake pans, and just today found out that the Wilton wonder pan is there to be rented.
Darn ,wish I would of checked this out BEFORE I baked mine. Oh well thought my batter bowl was gonna work.
At least I know for next time.
Live and learn a friend told me. LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%