I Need Some Suggestions Please :)

Decorating By sugarwishes Updated 10 Feb 2009 , 1:31pm by adven68

sugarwishes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm
post #1 of 9

I am doing my largest cake so far. It's for a baby shower this coming saturday and it will be four tiers. I'm also making chocolate favors (150+) so to save myself some trouble with the cake I ordered the Harry & Harry fillings since I heard such good things about them. I ordered: Bavarian Cream, Chocolate Bavarian Cream, Banana, and Strawberry.

Now, I need some suggestion on cake flavors. Which of these fillings goes best with what flavor cakes. I know I want to make one or two of the tiers a WASC cake and I definately have to do a chocolate cake. But which fillings tastes best with what cake?

I'm so excited to do this cake, and I would appreciate any feedback!!! Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

8 replies
adven68 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:57pm
post #2 of 9

I would pair the cho. bavarian cream with the white cake and the chocolate cake with the regular bav. cream.

Bananas with chocolate...possible my favorite flavor in the world. icon_lol.gif
and strwberry with white or chocolate...can't decide!

good luck!

JGMB Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:02pm
post #3 of 9

I don't have any great input for you, I just wanted to wish you luck and to ask that you post a photo of the cake AND the chocolates!!!!

Momkiksbutt Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:10pm
post #4 of 9

??? what is this Harry & Harry you speak of???? Please enlighten me!! icon_smile.gif

aggiechef Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:12pm
post #5 of 9

I agree completely with adven68 on the flavor combos. They all sound so yummy. (it's late and I'm hungry right now so that doesn't help matters...LOL icon_smile.gif )

Best of luck with that cake. It sounds like a massive baby shower. Be sure to post pictures when it's finished.

sugarwishes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:22pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you all for the responses! I love the ideas adven68. I think I may just do what you suggested. I really want to put the strawberry with chocolate. The mom-to-be loves chocolate so maybe I can do 3 of the tiers chocolate with the biggest tier white cake. Or maybe, do a half and half with the strawberry. Oh man, I really dont know!! LoL.

momkiksbutt- Henry and Henry are sleeves of pastry fillings that you can buy, almost every cake website sells them (global sugar art, country kitchen). They don't have to be refridgerated unless its been open. I heard they have a very long shelf life unopened, and heard so many great things about the flavor. I haven't heard one person say they didn't like them. Maybe a particular flavor, but overall they gotten such great reviews, so I thought I'd give it a shot!

sugarwishes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 5:38am
post #7 of 9

Here is the finished cake. Everyone loved it and there was not a piece left! Thanks again for everyone's help icon_biggrin.gif

tracey1970 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:53am
post #8 of 9

I am so jealous! Your cake is gorgeous AND you can get sleeved fillings in such awesome flavours. I live in a small town in Ontario, Canada, and to try and find sleeved fillings anywhere is impossible. Even the Canadian on-line sites I order from don't have fillings. I wish they did. American prices, shipping, and duty often make it prohibitive to go that route.

Great job on the cake!

adven68 Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:31pm
post #9 of 9

just adorable! congrats!

Quote by @%username% on %date%