I Give Up!

Decorating By cakesdivine Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm by cakesdivine

cakesdivine Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 10

I have tried and tried to get several different photos down to 6KB. It just isn't possible. Even resizing them to the point of the size of a pin head they still won't go below 13kb, I have used every single program I have on all 4 comps to adjust the KB size and it just won't let me tell it what KB to compress it to. It went from being 54KB originally finally after 18 manipulations down to 13KB but it just won't let me make it any smaller and the photo size when you look at it is so small you can't even tell what the heck it is, it literally now is the size of one of the emoticons!

I vote we up the KB size to at least 50KB - 6 is just too small. (like I have any say in it... icon_lol.gif )

This is the avatar I want but it won't go small enough icon_sad.gif

9 replies
TexasSugar Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 10

If they raised the size of the avatar pictures it would not only take up more room on the server, but make each page take longer to open.

Email me the picture to @aol.com and I'll run it through the program I have.

Edited to remove email addy. icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 10

Thanks! Coming your way!

cakesdivine Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:22am
post #4 of 10

Thanks Girl! Crisis overted!

TexasSugar Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:52am
post #5 of 10

Glad I could help!

kellertur Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:18am
post #6 of 10

WOW~ that cake is beautiful. Is that a wedding cake? How did you do the waterfall?

CarolAnn Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:37am
post #7 of 10

TexasSugar, bless you heart! I just love it when people like you jump right up and say "here, I'll help!" just because. I've had ones here do that for me several times and it made me feel soo good. Not to mention the big fat headache they saved me from. This place is crawling with nice people and you're one of em, so thanks!

cakesdivine Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:40am
post #8 of 10

Thank You! Yes it is a wedding cake. Where I live we have a lake and the Guadelupe River running right through our area. The couple's original site was Galveston but their venue was destroyed by Ike, so they decided to get married here on Canyon Lake right on the river, so they wanted a cake that reflected the venue. It is a buttercream cake with chocolate river rocks. It was actually a very easy cake to do.

kellertur Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:00am
post #9 of 10

I'm sure they loved their cake. Could you please tell me the technique you used, if you don't mind? I love the waterfall effect. I've never heard of chocolate rocks.
Thank you either way. icon_smile.gif

cakesdivine Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #10 of 10

All I did was ice the cake with buttercream. Drew with a toothpick the outline of the water. Added more buttercream and fluff iced all the way down in the marked area. Then I air brushed the water with hawaiian blue and leaf green (mild). Then placed the chocolate river rocks along the sides of the waterfall, then airbrushed the mountain part of the cake with yellow and brown. Then piped brown and green grass along the sides of the waterfall at the base of each tier. The wonderful thing about this cake is because it is buttercream and it is suppose to look semi like a mountain, I didn't have to smooth the sides. It needed to look like the side of a mountain, here in this part of TX the mountain rocks aren't gray, they are more sand colored, so that was why I used yellow & brown.

Edited to add the B&G provided the airondondeck (sp) chair cake top. The cake is an 8", 10". 12"

Quote by @%username% on %date%