Wedding Cake Traveling 2 Hours Fully Assembled,suport System

Decorating By BakeLoveMom Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 6:38pm by BakeLoveMom

BakeLoveMom Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 5

A lady at my work asked me to make a wedding cake for her brother in law as their wedding present. I agreed, we picked out the design and then the next day she mentions that it is 2 hours away. So they are picking it up next Weds night and driving up there the next day. I have revamped the design some to withstand travel, but since I won't be there I can't stack it and that on site. It is a 3 tiered cake and I would like to know other peoples experiences with support systems. I have only used wooden dowels...Thanks.

4 replies
indydebi Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 5

If you don't have time to order the SPS system, you might think about the hidden pillars. Put each tier on a footed plate and then the mom only has to set each tier's legs into the hiddent pillars. The cake can travel unassembled.

BakeLoveMom Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:40pm
post #3 of 5

where would I order the sps system from?? I have never used it either, do you have any tips?? The lady basically said that she wanted it to be fully assembled but I will have her place the topper on. Thanks so much.

q2wheels Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 5

There is a "sticky" here with the instructions for the SPS and where is can be purchased online:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-603925.html

I ordered mine from Oasis Supply and have to say they were great to work with (since I had somehow screwed up my CC number).

HTH,

Toni Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by champagneibo

where would I order the sps system from?? I have never used it either, do you have any tips?? The lady basically said that she wanted it to be fully assembled but I will have her place the topper on. Thanks so much.

BakeLoveMom Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks and sorry to have so many questions, but would I use the round because my square corners will be cut off??? or just smaller sizes of the square...thanks so much.

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%