Cake Magazine??

Decorating By winniep12 Updated 26 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm by emrldsky

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 12 Mar 2009 , 9:02pm
post #31 of 51

I just did an inquiry on the status of my order. It said that the Feb/Mar issue has been mailed. We'll see if I get it.

Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:33pm
post #32 of 51

I was disappointed with the ACD cakes and articles. I finally found this one. I thought ACD was behind the times. Pastry & Baking is more cutting edge.

You can review the back issues and decide for yourself.

http://www.pastryna.com/pastryna_about.htm

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 3:55pm
post #33 of 51

Well, I was beginning to think I was the only one who had not received an issue of ACD magazine!!!! I like some of you, subscribed in December, and have not received anything as of yet!!!!!!
And if they send me a renewal notice before I even receive one issue, I'll just politely give them a call AND a piece of my mind...............
You'd think in this day and age a company would do better............

pianocat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pianocat Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 4:08pm
post #34 of 51

I subscribed last Sept., got the 1st mag (Dec. Jan.) in late Jan. after the holidays. Now the Feb./Mar. issue has not yet come.
It sounds to me as if there is trouble with mag.(financial possibly????) other wise why is it consistently late. I will not be renewing my subscription. Wasn't very impressed with the one issue I received anyway.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 5:16pm
post #35 of 51

Wow. Years ago I considered subscribing to this mag, but I heard too many complaints about mailing delays, poor customer service, etc., so I decided not to give them my money. It looks like they haven't changed at all.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 6:35pm
post #36 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallfrye

I dont have a subscription to Wedding Cakes because you can get them at Barnes And Noble in the wedding mag area and sometimes I can get the others at Jo Anne's but those I can not get regularly but the the one at Barnes and Noble are always there. Hope this helps. And I hope all Barnes and Noble are the same. I have found them in 3 different states

Thanks Smallfrye! I'll have to check it out. I've never heard of Wedding Cakes. But we have a Barnes and Noble down the street. thumbs_up.gif

marmalade1687 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmalade1687 Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 7:37pm
post #37 of 51

You think you have it bad with ACD mailing - add international shipping to the mix (to Canada) and that adds at least another month to the delay!! GRR!! icon_mad.gif As I said in my previous post, I love my new British mags. But, they are all pictures...no articles - if this is what you buy ACD for, then stick with them.

lainalee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 11:27am
post #38 of 51

Finally got my Feb/Mar issue yesterday. Some great photo's and a couple with complete instructions (Nickolas Lodge). But no freebies that were promised. Has anyone received the free sheets that were to be included with the subscriptions ordered in Dec?

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #39 of 51

I still haven't received my first issue! So definitely none of the freebies either. I sent them another email stating that if I don't get my issue by Monday the 23rd I am cancelling and want full refund issued to my credit card or I am calling the BBB.

lainalee Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 6:29pm
post #40 of 51

Yea, it's funny that I recieved it right after I emailed them. They said it had been mailed and it took about a week after that.

cylstrial Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 8:48pm
post #41 of 51

I got mine this week too. Finally, it's a miracle!!

Naturepixie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Naturepixie Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 8:52pm
post #42 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakesdivine

Beware though...it will take you forever to get your first issue. I bought a subscription to ACD back in November and have yet to get my first issue (today is now Feb 2!) But I have received my renewal notice! Can you believe it! I received a bill telling me my subscription was up soon and to renew now at a discounted rate!...Yeah right, I just paid you for a whole year online, received my receipt via email, get all the little email ACD spams, but still no magazine. Even wrote to the customer service dept. and got an email saying I would get my issue soon, that was over a month ago, but what an insult to get a card telling my subscription is almost up when It actually, obviously, hasn't even begun!

Wow! same thing happened to me.... But I did get one in mail today!!! icon_biggrin.gif Finally... It has some nice pictures...

I wish there were more cake magazines to choose from.

cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:12am
post #43 of 51

Yeah, there is a picture in there from Edna on CC. I recognized it immediately. So that is really awesome for her.

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 8:34pm
post #44 of 51

This months Acd had alot less pages in it . Usually had abount 30 more.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 10:33pm
post #45 of 51

I FINALLY GOT IT!

lainalee Posted 23 Mar 2009 , 9:45am
post #46 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Yeah, there is a picture in there from Edna on CC. I recognized it immediately. So that is really awesome for her.

Found it. Hadn't realized, but I should have. Amazing as always , one of my many CC Heros.

cylstrial Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 2:54am
post #47 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonterrierlady

This months Acd had alot less pages in it . Usually had abount 30 more.

I didn't even notice that. That's pretty sad on my part.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:57am
post #48 of 51

What about MBN? Has anyone gotten their March/April issue yet? I'm getting more than a bit impatient!

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:11pm
post #49 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainalee

Finally got my Feb/Mar issue yesterday. Some great photo's and a couple with complete instructions (Nickolas Lodge). But no freebies that were promised. Has anyone received the free sheets that were to be included with the subscriptions ordered in Dec?

I FINALLY got my Feb/Mar issue on Monday of this week!!!! But no, no freebies either.........and is the magazine usually that thin???? I mean, I don't think there were 25 pages in it!!!!! (There probably were, but it was VERY thin for a magazine....especially one that expensive!!!!!)

SUELA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SUELA Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:13pm
post #50 of 51

My inlaws ordered for this for me last August as a Bday gift. I have yet to receive a copy...When I ask they keep extending my subscription period. I am supposed to receive the Feb/Mar by the 29th.

Don't magazine usually come out PREVIOUS to the months they are representing?

emrldsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emrldsky Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 12:56pm
post #51 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUELA

My inlaws ordered for this for me last August as a Bday gift. I have yet to receive a copy...When I ask they keep extending my subscription period. I am supposed to receive the Feb/Mar by the 29th.

Don't magazine usually come out PREVIOUS to the months they are representing?

From what I've noticed, they come when they do. But since it's a bi-monthly magazine, it usually appears the second month.

Btw, for those who felt they missed out on a Dec/Jan issue, check out the letter from the editor in the current...he apologizes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%