Dragees?

Decorating By sgauta Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 12:27pm by brincess_b

sgauta Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:55am
post #1 of 4

Hello,

A friend of the family would like a cake for an informal, small wedding (25 people). The one she picked out online is just three tiers iced in buttercream with silver dragees on the sides (they're more dense toward the bottom of the tier and 'thinner' toward the top). I'm new to dragees though and from what I've read, you're not even supposed to eat them. I'd be interested to hear from those who've used them. Are they actually edible, or do you scrape them off or something before serving?

Thanks so much,

Sarah

3 replies
MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:04pm
post #2 of 4

See this thread:

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=614031&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

It seems those of us who have pretty much ingested our own body weight in dragees over the years are still alive and kicking icon_smile.gif! The worst thing they might do to you is chip a tooth if you have weak teeth IMHO!

mamounette Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:19pm
post #3 of 4

If you mean the small round bead-like dragées, they aren't very nice to eat. The oblong ones are much better and in France, dragées are usually offered on weddings or christenings and silver or gold dragées ( much more expensive than the others) are quite good.You needn't worry !

brincess_b Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:27pm
post #4 of 4

if the dagrees are sitting on butter cream, they will go softer anyway. i love them, even when rock hard!
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%