Valentine Goodies

Decorating By dmhart Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 2:50pm by spunkybear

dmhart Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:52am
post #1 of 10

What are some of your best selling Valentine Goodies? I always have a lot of orders for Oreo Balls. This is one of my very best sellers anytime of the year. And cupcakes everyone loves them.

What do you sell the most of on Valentines?

9 replies
cakesmade4u Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:09am
post #2 of 10

What are oreo balls sounds good? I always love to do chocolate dipped strawberrys rolled, in nuts coconut, chocolate chips, or double dipped white and chocolate I usually dont sell but give them away....

Melonie1005 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 11:39am
post #3 of 10

I sell more cookies than anything else.

cor39 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 10

Strawberries stuffed with cheesecake and covered in chocolate. What you do is bake a cheesecake whatever recipe you normally use. allow to set and cool completely - then you smash it all up - you take your cleaned strawberries, a handful of the cheesecake and you cover the berry with the cheesecake mixture, set on wax paper allow to set while you work on the rest of the berries - then you cover them in your melted chocolate. yuummm. I have never tried selling these but they are wonderful. You can stick a skewer in them and make a floral arrangement of sorts dont know just a thought. Let me know if this works out.

cakesmade4u Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:26pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

cor39 says:
Strawberries stuffed with cheesecake and covered in chocolate. What you do is bake a cheesecake whatever recipe you normally use. allow to set and cool completely - then you smash it all up - you take your cleaned strawberries, a handful of the cheesecake and you cover the berry with the cheesecake mixture, set on wax paper allow to set while you work on the rest of the berries - then you cover them in your melted chocolate. yuummm.

Cor39 these sound awsome I'm a big fan of strawberry cheesecake. do you mind sharing If you have to crumble fine or thick? and how does the cheesecake stay on the strawberries? I would love to see a picture..
TIA

cor39 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 10

I dont have any pics. I simply smush the cheesecake mixture onto the strawberry - berry has to be dry, and I kind of mold onto the strawberry - it will take the shape of the strawberry - then once that sets you dip into the chocolate. You said strawberry cheesecake - i never thought of using anything except new york style cheesecake - that sounds yummy also I guess there are all sorts of combos we could experiment with. The key is to make sure everything sets. Once you have baked the cheesecake it has to set - then you smush it - once you have covered the berries with the cheesecake mixture - it has to set - then you dip and let set.

cakesmade4u Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 4:16am
post #7 of 10

cor39 Thanks so much for sharing I cant wait untill I get to try this sounds so yummy icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

minicuppie Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:32pm
post #8 of 10

Ok I am not a dummy but do you smush in the crust also? mimi

cor39 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:35pm
post #9 of 10

No avoid the curst - it is to crumbly. I have not ever tried making the cheesecake without the crust (dont know how that would turn out) I just avoid putting it on the strawberries.

spunkybear Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 2:50pm
post #10 of 10

ok...that sounds just yummy!!! And here in Florida....it's strawberry season! whooohoooo

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%