Ewww...

Decorating By Juds2323 Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 6:26pm by amy2197

Juds2323 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:53am
post #1 of 10

I got a great deal on some used cake stuff... at least I think I got a deal. When I get it inventoried I'll ask your opinion on that...LOL. But I spent 300 for the lot and it included a cake projector and an airbrush. I looked at retail on those is around 350ish. But I digress.

Included in the lot was tips. About 35 so I thought cool. Can always use doubles. So I pull them out of the case to clean them and add them to mine. Evidently they weren't cleaned all the way before putting it away - still residual scuzzy stuff on the inside of more than 1/2 of them. EWWWW.

WHO PUTS TIPS AWAY WITHOUT CLEANING THEM PROPERLY! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

Judi

9 replies
MJ2008 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:06am
post #2 of 10

Ewwww! I scrub mine out and then run them through the dishwasher because I never trust that I could get them completely clean. I can't imagine putting them back without cleaning them.

Carolynlovescake Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:06pm
post #3 of 10

Those bad boys would be sitting in some oxicean (sp?) for a good 24 hours and then washed two to four times in the dishwasher. icon_lol.gif

mkolmar Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:54am
post #4 of 10

Ewww! I wash mine by hand and then throw them in the dishwasher in that little mesh bag thing just in case.

dmich Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:02am
post #5 of 10

mkolmar, I do the same thing. I never feel confident that I can get everything out washing by hand.

KellBell22 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:06am
post #6 of 10

This post makes me so paranoid about my tips now!! I think it's time to throw them in the dishwasher as well, just in case there's any little residuals. Eeeeewwwwww

tonicake Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:13am
post #7 of 10

As disgusting as this is - I must find humor in your posts and how it makes us feel the need to sprint to the dish washer and press start! icon_biggrin.gif

However, I must agree with all of you! YUCK!

hilly Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 2:18pm
post #8 of 10

Not only who would put them away that way but who would sell them like that! icon_confused.gif

sahrow Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 10

yuck! That makes you want to sanitize EVERYTHING in the lot, doesn't it.

I use one of those basket things that is made for baby bottle nipples and parts to put my tips and couplers in the dishwasher. I wash them first, though... like others have mentioned doing.

It goes to show that not everyone has a clean set-up.

amy2197 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:26pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahrow

yuck! That makes you want to sanitize EVERYTHING in the lot, doesn't it.

I use one of those basket things that is made for baby bottle nipples and parts to put my tips and couplers in the dishwasher. I wash them first, though... like others have mentioned doing.

It goes to show that not everyone has a clean set-up.

I worked at a grocery store as a decorator for two months and I don't even want to get into the funk I found in my decorating area when I got there. You can eat off the floor in my home kitchen, and I can't sell cakes out of it. This place was gross and they had an A on there health inspection. GROSS!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%