Has Anyone Ever.....

Decorating By shadowgypsie Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 8:35pm by alvarezmom

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:19am
post #1 of 15

Made a cake that no one would cut?

This is what happened from the beginning. I made my niece a cake for her baby shower. Everyone said it was beautiful and all declared it was too cute to cut so the cake never got cut.

Picture attached.
LL
LL

14 replies
evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:41am
post #2 of 15

That's a truly gorgeous cake, but dang! Cakes are for eating! I'm silly like that but I'd be insulted if no one ate it.

SeeChicletRun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SeeChicletRun Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:47am
post #3 of 15

That cake is gorgeous! I couldnt cut the carriage on my daughters birthday cake. I had no issues slicing into the base (I LOVE cake and MMF!!!)...but the carriage was so intricate I just couldnt do it. We did save the mouse though, my mother collects mouse figurines and has since before I was born, she is adding this mouse to her collection, her only daughters only daughters first birthday celebration icon_smile.gif

chefcindy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefcindy Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:00am
post #4 of 15

That is a beautiful cake!!!

My friends ask me all the time how I can spend so much time to decorate it, then cut it.... but I am with evasmama... cakes are for eating!

kansaswolf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaswolf Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:03am
post #5 of 15

I'm with evasmama... I make my cakes as delicious as they are pretty, as that is the POINT of cake, IMHO! *EATING*! Sometimes they make ME do the cake cutting, because no one else wants to, but we definitely eat it...

My mom was feeling all guilty one time for knocking over part of a cake I did once (AFTER we'd cut into it and had eaten most of it), and I was like, "It's CAKE... If I wanted it to last forever, I'd be painting porcelain figurines!" icon_biggrin.gif

evasmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evasmama Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:07am
post #6 of 15

Next time, tell them to take lots of high-res photos and maybe even some video, and THEN cut and eat the dadgum cake.

shadowgypsie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shadowgypsie Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:36pm
post #7 of 15

I agree,
I had to smell that thing bake then not get to eat it. My niece has no idea what to do with the cake since it won't fit in her freezer and she can't even eat much of it because of the sugar.

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:55pm
post #8 of 15

I have the same trouble! It drives me crazy.. no one wants to cut into it because they think it's too pretty or too cute. I'm like.. I just spent 10 hours making that cake! Eat the damn thing!

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:04pm
post #9 of 15

If you are there....pick up a knife...announce last call for pictures to let everyone have a chance to get the pic....then CUT it!

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 15

OMG! I think this has to be one of my pet peeves... I get it all the time, They refuse to cut the cake because they don't want to ruin it, it's too cute, cool whatever...the first time this happened was my coffee mug/book cake, for a library coffee shop grand opening. They left that cake sit on the counter of the coffee shop for a WHOLE WEEK before they cut it!!! THey said it was still good but I know it was not at its best!

CAKE IS FOR EATING!!!!! icon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #11 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisbqueenb

If you are there....pick up a knife...announce last call for pictures to let everyone have a chance to get the pic....then CUT it!

This is EXACTLY what I was going to say but you beat me to it. Yeah, NO cake is too pretty to cut.

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:09pm
post #12 of 15

Ask them to hand you the knife....remember after the "ahhhhs" and "oooohhhs" come the "mmmmmmmms" !!! It never gets old, does it?

ngfcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ngfcake Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:11pm
post #13 of 15

I also get those comments! I tell them that if they don't eat the cake, it will go bad. A friend of mine kept one of my meringue snowmen once (without telling me) and later he "complained" that the snowman had shrunk! Well, of course if he kept it for weeks!! It was meant to be eaten the day I baked it! icon_razz.gif

sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:16pm
post #14 of 15

I get this all the time too & it bugs the heck out of me. Most people think that I'm of the same frame of mind because I've put so much work into it, but I'm insulted if people don't cut my cakes.

jessi01 I've had that too. I now my cake isn't going to be at it's best after a week & I worry people will think my cake always tastes that way. it's so not good for business.

I agree CAKE IS DEFINITELY FOR EATING thumbs_up.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:35pm
post #15 of 15

Never happened to me but did my ssiter. A friend of her mothers made her a cake for her shower and it was so pretty!!! That is what inspired me to take classes. No one ever cut into the cake but they sure did eat the heck out of the matchig cupcakes!

The cake is beautiful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%