Creme Bouquet

Baking By ShariB-DivineDesserts Updated 15 Feb 2009 , 11:14pm by nonie2007

ShariB-DivineDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShariB-DivineDesserts Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:50am
post #1 of 12

I posted this under 'How Do I', but should have gone here.

Has anyone ever used this before? I tried it this weekend w/my white wedding cake and a strawberry cake instead of Almond emulsion. Was I suppose to use it with Vanilla? I thought it tasted too citrus. Any suggestions on how to use it?

11 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 5:30am
post #2 of 12

Creme bouquet is more of a flavor enhancer to be used in combination with other flavors (like vanilla) but can be used alone.

Which brand of creme bouquet did you use (they're not all created equal)?

Also, how MUCH creme bouquet did you use (per cups of cake batter).

If adding creme bouquet to cake mix, usually 1 tsp. per mix is enough.

HTH

nonie2007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonie2007 Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:23pm
post #3 of 12

First of all Creme Bouquet is the best flavoring in the world. Second of all what brand did you buy. It really does make a difference. I buy Magic line Creme Bouquet. It costs more but the other brands are garbage. Trust me, I have spent enough funny money trying to save a dollar. It's not worth it. Pay the extra and be pleased with your results. I hope this helps you.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 12

My Wilton instructor uses it in her BC icing. She uses 1 1/2 tsp cream bouquet and 1/2 tsp. valencia. It makes an incredible flavored BC icing. Valencia is very different. She said it is a combo of cherry, almond & vanilla. I have not used it in cake before.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 11 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #5 of 12

I've started using it some but only with vanilla. A little goes a long way so you can use to much. For some cakes, I like the light citrus flavor of the buttercream but I don't use it for all cakes.

nonie2007 Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 5:18am
post #6 of 12

I have tried Valencia before and it was really strong. Make sure not to over do it and you have yourself a good investment.

ShariB-DivineDesserts Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:09am
post #7 of 12

Jan H-

I used a generic brand from CK Wholesale and I also used a Lorann brand called Princess Emulsion

The quantity was 2 tsp per cake mix (using the WASC recipie - double batch)

I couldn't tell much of a difference. For this cake, they didn't want almond flavoring, so was trying something else.

Do you use Creme Bouquet with all your cakes? Or only white?

I want to use this, as I have heard rave reviews about it. I would also like to try it with Almond flavoring.

ShariB-DivineDesserts Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 12:20am
post #8 of 12

....also, thanks to everyone for the tips. I would also like to know where to get Valencia...it sounds like the Princess Emulsion I use. Buttery, citrus with a nutty undertone.

nonie2007 Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 4:10am
post #9 of 12

I mostly do alot of white cakes and almost always use the creme bouquet unless almond is requested. I hardly ever get any more requests for almond since I started using the creme bouquet. I have also used the princess emulsion. I liked it also. It is very similar to the creme bouquet. I stumbled upon this looking for different places to purchase the creme bouquet. I always like to have a backup plan because things get discontinued and the customers don't understand that. So this way at least your covered. The quality is just as good. I purchased the valencia from the local Party time stoe. The only downfall is that they don't sell it in large quantities. I hope this information helps you.

ShariB-DivineDesserts Posted 14 Feb 2009 , 5:18am
post #10 of 12

Nonie -
Thanks this info does help ! icon_smile.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 8:10pm
post #11 of 12

I bought CK brand Creme Bouquet and thought it was ok...Magic Line's, I fell in love with...it's amazing.

ddaigle...I couldn't find Valencia anywhere on-line...is it your instructor's personal concoction, LOL?

nonie2007 Posted 15 Feb 2009 , 11:14pm
post #12 of 12

I found the Valencia flavoring at the local cake supply stores. I am in Louisiana but I have friends in New York and they get it at their local party/cake supply stores also. I hope this information helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%