Smooth Buttercream

Decorating By tjrobin31 Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm by tjrobin31

tjrobin31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjrobin31 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:15am
post #1 of 5

how do i get my buttercream to look smooth, i try and try and i can get it almost right, but not quite, i'm sure this questions been asked a thousand times, but any advice would be appreciated
thanx

4 replies
cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:20am
post #2 of 5

You need to start with a great butter cream recipe. I had the same problem until I tried sugarshacks butter cream. She has a video(it is great and it helps!!) here is the link, you can watch it here

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4ibkH0V_4

and here is her recipe. I know there are a lot of amazing butter cream recipes on here, this is just what worked for me! Hope it helps!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-5163-Sugarshacks-icing-and-Tips.html

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 5

There are many helpful ways to get perfection.
SugarShack's recipe & method are great!
But most of all it takes practice, practice, practiceicon_smile.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:33pm
post #4 of 5

Agree with the practice, practice practice.

I use a bench scraper to take the preliminary layer of icing off, then I Melvira it (home page ... articles ... scroll down).

tjrobin31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjrobin31 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:13pm
post #5 of 5

thanx everyone for your advice i've checked out several videos and am on my way to practice practice practice, i'm not sure how much more buttercream i can convince my family to eat,
also i'm going to try the sugar shack recipe, and see if that helps
thanxx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%