babeebk Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:29am
post #1 of

Hi there everybody.

I'm hoping someone here can help me. Lately, I've been baking lots of cupcakes and I notice that the cupcakes separate from the liners after I take them out of the oven. Any way to prevent this?

Normally, I don't mind but a coworker asked me to make a bunch for her kids birthday party and I want them to look nice for her. Please advise. Thanks!

9 replies
SugarFrosted Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:36am
post #2 of

I see you are pretty new, so I want to say Welcome!

Re: your question, I have a couple of questions:
Are you spraying your cupcake papers with non-stick spray? If you are, don't!
Are you cooling the cupcakes in the pan? If you are, don't!

Good Luck! thumbs_up.gif

PatricesPieces Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:00am
post #3 of

I am having the same issue, but with the mini cupcakes. We do not cool in the pans and we do not spray the liners. Anyone have any suggestions. We have a wedding coming up and the bride has requested mini cupcakes. We want them to stay looking nice.

Cakes_By_Bright Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:08am
post #4 of

I leave mines in the pan for about 5 min THEN take them out to cool completely. Could this be it? I''m having thw same prob but usually with chocolate. I bake from scratch.

didi5 Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:18am
post #5 of

It happened to me once when I tried a recipe that had a pound of butter in it, I think the culprit maybe that there was too much grease.

PatricesPieces Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 3:52am
post #6 of

I have used the WASC recipe...that only calls for 4 Tlbs of oil. No butter is in the recipe. So...not a lot of grease with the recipe. I'm at a loss. Anyone out there make mini cupcakes and not have this problem?? I want to know which liners you are using!!!

sweetdesignsbyla Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 1:32pm
post #7 of

I usually bake the mini's and expected it was a oil/butter issue, so I invested and bought the more expensive (grease proof) liners from Australia.... Unfortunately, the same thing happens with the grease proof liners as well icon_cry.gif ... It only happens with certain recipes though... I am stumpped? icon_eek.gif

Good Luck,
Please let me know if you figure it out....

Best of Luck and Have fun baking! icon_biggrin.gif

adamsgama Posted 6 Feb 2009 , 1:49pm
post #8 of

Hi, I have have this problem a few times. What I have found is if I put them in a sealed container (tupperware) too quickly after they come out of the oven the paper will come away. What I do now is after I take them out of the oven, and after they cool in the pan, I then put them on a cooling rack. After 10 mins I put a ckae board, or paper toel lightly on the tops so they don't dry out.
After 2-3 hours I then move them to a sealed container or cake box.

Hope this helps. Let me know if this works for you.

Sue

cakelass Posted 7 Feb 2009 , 7:32am
post #9 of

What Adamsgama just said is true. I made a batch the other day and let them cool and placed them in tupper wear. I made some mini and some regular. The regular ones were ok the mini all came away from the wrapper. So definately stay away from tupperwear!

jukesbox Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:32am

I agree with the above posts. I think it might have something to do with the moisture. I've had trouble too if I stick them in a plastic container before they are completely cool. I usually take them out of the cupcake pan a couple minutes after I take them out of the oven and then let them cool either completely or most of the way on the counter. I use a lot of beer can (or soda or soup) "flats". I don't put them plastic. (WalMart loves to see me coming! After I leave the soup aisle, their shelves are nearly free of empty boxes LOL!) I wrap them in plastic wrap and stick 'em in the freezer. Works well for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%