Can You Get Sps In The Uk

Decorating By chipolata Updated 17 Jun 2015 , 11:01am by Snowflakebunny23

chipolata Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 11:11pm
post #1 of 25

I have been serching high and low and can't seem to find it her. i have even emailed the manufacturer and asked them if they have any UK stockists, but they have not replied.

Please help.

24 replies
londonpeach Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:57am
post #2 of 25

Sorry, what is SPS ?

I'm having the same problem with a baby mould i've seen on here, i've also e mailed them but they have not replied. icon_cry.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:27am
post #3 of 25

chipolata - I don't think they do have international distributors. I enquired a while back and it was going to cost so much to import them that it really wasn't worth it.

londonpaech - have you seen Karen Davies moulds? She has a cute baby one:

and the baby mould used in the photos on this page:

come from this company: (for some reason the link is bringing up the mini version, but if you click on 'Jem moulds' under the picture then you can see it in the bigger version which is the one you want! It's out of stock here, but I'm sure if you google 'Jem sleeping baby mould', you will find it elsewhere in the UK)

Hope that helps!

jennicita Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:37am
post #4 of 25

I was looking, too, and was able to find a source in Germany, but can we say EXPENSIVE!? icon_mad.gificon_cry.gif
I had been hoping to find a place in the UK since it'd probably be a lot cheaper to have it shipped - so far no luck. A lot of things are cheaper that way, especially when it comes to caking. Cake drums only cost a fraction in the UK, the guy I found here wants an arm and a leg... which I paid once to see exactly what they're like. That'll be my last order there, though, if I can find a good UK source for the SPS system (which is brilliant by the way - I just used it for the first time last weekend. Foolproof! icon_biggrin.gif )

Looking forward to hearing what everybody has to say!

londonpeach Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:45am
post #5 of 25

Thanks for the links to baby moulds...i'll have a better look later but the 1 i really wanted is the First Impressions small baby 1 mould, it's looks so real and cute.
I have a friend in Malta that is going to US in May so she is going to get me 1 then post to UK from Malta....a bit of a wait but i really want it icon_lol.gif

MikeRowesHunny Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:04am
post #6 of 25
Originally Posted by londonpeach

Thanks for the links to baby moulds...i'll have a better look later but the 1 i really wanted is the First Impressions small baby 1 mould, it's looks so real and cute.
I have a friend in Malta that is going to US in May so she is going to get me 1 then post to UK from Malta....a bit of a wait but i really want it icon_lol.gif

No need!!!!!! I have found it for you on a Dutch website (where I live), I will check if they do international shipping. Back ASAP!

Update: The mould is on back order and they don't do international shipping (except to Belgium & Germany!), but if you are interested I can always find out when they have more due in and get it for you, with shipping etc it would be about 20 euros.

brincess_b Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:30am
post #7 of 25

ive been keeping an eye out and never seen it over here. lots of products seem to be that way!

ngfcake Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:09am
post #8 of 25

I've been also looking for SPS in the UK. In fact, a while ago I started a thread just like this one and nobody was able to tell me. Leahs suggested me to write to the suppliers in the US (Bakery Crafts), which I did. They didn't answer me. I've found some on e-bay but the shipping from the US is very expensive!

I really want to try SPS!

chipolata Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:40am
post #9 of 25

Thanks for the replies all, so no luck then, Will have to use wilton's system which isnt as good.

londonpeach Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:51am
post #10 of 25

I'm still at a loss to what SPS is icon_sad.gif
I'm new to this site and am just getting used to a lot of the US things used that we cant seem to get in the UK, (or i just don't know what they are)
Could someone tell me what it is please...then i can get depressed because i will want it as well icon_cry.gif

ngfcake Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:01pm
post #11 of 25


SPS: Single Plate Separator

It's a system to stack tiered cakes without using dowels. Apparently it's very effective and you can transport your cakes completely assembled. Here are the instructions to use SPS:

brincess_b Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:28pm
post #12 of 25

where have you found the wilton one in the uk?

londonpeach Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:43pm
post #13 of 25

Thanks...I learn something new everyday icon_biggrin.gif

chipolata Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:54pm
post #14 of 25

Smooth Edge Seperator Plates and   
Hidden Pillars - 6" high - 4pk ( Ref: 303J8 )

all on this page

CakesBySejal Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 9:37am
post #15 of 25

Hi All,


I was wondering the same things and before posting the question i thought id see if there was any details in the forum.


Reading the original post from 2009 above, it seems SPS wasnt available in the UK.


4 years on, does anybody know if it is now available in the UK or not?


Many thanks for any help.

CakesBySejal Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 12:59pm
post #16 of 25



Any ideas on this?

Crazy-Gray Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 1:06pm
post #17 of 25

I've looked a few times but can't find any :-( not even on ebay!

cakealicious7 Posted 10 Apr 2013 , 4:05pm
post #18 of 25

AGuys have you checked out amazon? The Craft Company online do SPS they are in the UK so no shipping charges

XeniAnnoula Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 8:32am
post #19 of 25

I don't know about finding SPS in the U.K., but you can order it from elsewhere in Europe. It's carried here in Greece at a company called Aliprantis whose website is sugarworld/dot/gr. There's a toggle over to the English language.


Can't tell you about pricing or anything else at this moment, but I'm happy to help if anyone's interested as Aliprantis is just a few kilometers from my home and I'll be hopping over there soon anyways. Postage within the E.U. should be nominal and of course you won't pay customs costs which are the real killers. Generally I find Aliprantis' costs to be pretty reasonable, and they're a nice company to deal with.


As I'm new to this forum I don't know if other posters can P.M. me but I assume they can. If not and someone would like my help with a Greek vendor which might intimidate you :-) please just post a request and we'll figure a way to communicate.


Cakealicious7, I don't find SPS at the Craft Company.

cakealicious7 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 9:04am
post #20 of 25

A@ XeniAnnoula if you go to the craft company website and type in the little box " separator plates " a variety will come up. I just checked they are still there : )

XeniAnnoula Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:43pm
post #21 of 25

Hi cakealicious7 -- thanks for your comment. I had seen the separator plates, pillars, etc. that they offer at the Craft Company, but I was looking for the SPS system in particular -- the one manufacturered in the U.S. by Bakery Crafts. Those I still don't see!

cakealicious7 Posted 18 Apr 2013 , 2:50pm
post #22 of 25

[email protected] lol I thought they were the same thing!! (Ok I feel stupid now ). I'll do a google research if I come across any I'll let you know xx

XeniAnnoula Posted 19 Apr 2013 , 8:22am
post #23 of 25

Cakelicious7, you don't need to feel stupid! I only just discovered them myself and was reading about them online, although much to my own surprise, I happen to have a sample here which is how I remembered that I must have found them locally somewhere.


Without having all the similar brands next to each other, of course I can't tell you if the differences in the Bakery Crafts product and the others really matter, but those who know far more recommend the Bakery Crafts over the Wilton, at least, as being stronger and better quality overall. So it was for that reason I was looking specifically for that brand!

Magnificake Posted 6 Apr 2014 , 6:43pm
post #24 of 25

AHi if have seen these are these similar to sps? [URL][/URL]

Snowflakebunny23 Posted 17 Jun 2015 , 11:01am
post #25 of 25

I have used the wilton separator plates (using them this weekend in fact) and they work well BUT you have to still rest the pillars on the plate below whereas I think the SPS system locks onto the plate below (as well as locking on to the plate above like the wilton system does).  The other problem is that the wilton plates are plastic and there is no 'notch' in the middle to lock your cake board onto and stop it sliding off.  I have always built my cakes therefor right on top of the separator plate without a cake board but as they are plastic, the friction isn't the same as it would be with a board - even if you use boatloads of BC.  It's a good system but it's also horrifically expensive here so I only use it for all buttercream-covered cakes where structural integrity may be an issue!  maybe we should start a facebook group...'bring SPS to the UK!' x

Quote by @%username% on %date%