Ever Used Silicone Liners?

Baking By neecerator Updated 13 Feb 2009 , 8:46am by sillyjodes

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:22pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone ever used the silicone cupcake liners? If so, what was your experience? Thanks in advance.

8 replies
wendym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wendym Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:36pm
post #2 of 9

I have used 8" silicone cake tin liners and they are fantastic. The cake comes out of the tin with no need to line greece or flour. What a great product. Oh and you can wash them and use again and again. Good luck with the cup cake liners.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:51pm
post #3 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by wendym

I have used 8" silicone cake tin liners and they are fantastic. The cake comes out of the tin with no need to line greece or flour. What a great product. Oh and you can wash them and use again and again. Good luck with the cup cake liners.

Where did you buy your 8" silicone cake tin liner?

sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:50am
post #4 of 9

I don't like the cupcake liners. IMO, they don't make sense and they're a hassle. If you take the liners off after baking, then your cupcakes dry out. And if you have an actual order you have to take them off, because you risk not getting them back. Plus, they are a complete pain in the butt to wash. My mom gave me a set as a gift. I used them once and they have been in the cupboard ever since. I guess they may work o.k. for muffins. But, I think the water and soap you use to wash them would be more expensive then paper liners.
Just my opinion, but I give them thumbsdown.gif .

EyeCandy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EyeCandy Posted 5 Feb 2009 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 9

I completely agree with what sarahpierce said... I don't care for the clean up after and they are a pain to remove from a nicely decorated cupcake.

snowflake12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowflake12 Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 4:01pm
post #6 of 9

Thank you for posting this. I was just about to put on my wish list these liners. So now it's off, and I can spend the money on something else.

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:21am
post #7 of 9

In case you are thinking of changing your mind, I third that thumbsdown.gif motion. Not just for the reasons previously stated, but also, I personally can detect the taste of silicone left behind on my cupcakes. I've never heard anyone else complain so it may be just some weird "supertaster" thing I have going on, but that on top of those other reasons...forgetaboutit.

They are just a pain. I used the diamond ones because I loved the funky shape but they do "give" when cooking anyway so they come out more like pointy footballs. I can't think of any good reason to use those things.

devorie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
devorie Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:33am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceshell

In case you are thinking of changing your mind, I third that thumbsdown.gif motion. Not just for the reasons previously stated, but also, I personally can detect the taste of silicone left behind on my cupcakes. I've never heard anyone else complain so it may be just some weird "supertaster" thing I have going on, but that on top of those other reasons...forgetaboutit.

They are just a pain. I used the diamond ones because I loved the funky shape but they do "give" when cooking anyway so they come out more like pointy footballs. I can't think of any good reason to use those things.

Yay! Finally someone else that tastes the silicone! People think I'm crazy but I refuse to bake with them anymore (yes, I have washed them with hot soapy water countless times). I also have other issues with them - some of which are listed and some that aren't, but I would definitely not invest in them.

sillyjodes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyjodes Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 8:46am
post #9 of 9

Well, I've found a good use for mine. I use them as little cups or holders for kids snacks. I take a gladware square and place them in the bottom and then fill the cups with different snacks. It's great for the plane or a long car trip. As far as baking, yuck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%