Barrel Cake Question

Decorating By cookieman Updated 3 Feb 2009 , 4:36pm by cookieman

cookieman Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:03pm
post #1 of 4

I've searched on this site but not really found any directions to make a barrel cake. I assume I can bake and assemble a 2-layer cake and frost it then add the Kit Kats and whatever else I feel like adding. My question is about the Kit Kats: I was told by someone to use the regular size, but I just bought a bunch and they seem very short. Did I buy the right ones? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3 replies
cookieman Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:27pm
post #2 of 4

Just bumping myself in hope that someone may have an answer. Thanks. icon_smile.gif

Getus Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 3:26pm
post #3 of 4

When I make them, I make two 9" layers, with icing filling in between the layers, and on the outsides. Push the Kit Kats (it usually takes almost 12 of them) on the sides, and pour M&M's on top. Tie a ribbon around the Kit Kats...and I'm done. My 9" pans are 2" tall. The Kit Kats stand just enough taller than the cake to hold the M&Ms "inside", so to speak. This cake is SO easy...and ALWAYS a big hit.
HTH,
Carla icon_surprised.gif)

cookieman Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getus

When I make them, I make two 9" layers, with icing filling in between the layers, and on the outsides. Push the Kit Kats (it usually takes almost 12 of them) on the sides, and pour M&M's on top. Tie a ribbon around the Kit Kats...and I'm done. My 9" pans are 2" tall. The Kit Kats stand just enough taller than the cake to hold the M&Ms "inside", so to speak. This cake is SO easy...and ALWAYS a big hit.
HTH,
Carla icon_surprised.gif)

Thank you so much!!! thumbs_up.gif That's all I needed to know. I really appreciate your answer! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%