How Do I Do This Technique?

Decorating By koumi Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm by SharonK1973

koumi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:58pm
post #1 of 5

How do I make the white parts of this cake? It's so precise it looks difficult if it's with royal icing.

Any ideas?

4 replies
Cakechick123 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 5

On the bottom cake the middle part of it looks like a stencil with RI and the rest like its piped. Dont know about the top tier

MBHazel Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 5

Looks to me to be a stencil. The way I know how to do these is with royal icing (although I think some use buttercream)

Basically, you just hold the stencil against the cake and lightly "paint / spread" the icing against the pattern. Then you peel off the stencil.

There are a couple you-tube videos on it.

kakeladi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:11pm
post #4 of 5

As the others said, It's a combination of using a stencil, then accenting it piped dots.

SharonK1973 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:19pm
post #5 of 5

I agree with everyone too... stencil and accent piping!

Quote by @%username% on %date%