Wilton Romantic Castle Question

Decorating By ptanyer Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 8:17am by HowCoolGomo1

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:27pm
post #1 of 7

My grandaughter wants the Wilton Castle for her 4th birthday. Here's the question: What can I use on fondant that will allow sugar sparkles to stick so that they seem like they are glittering?

6 replies
mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:38pm
post #2 of 7

Royal Icing.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:03pm
post #3 of 7

what about piping gel?

mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:18pm
post #4 of 7

I GUESS I READ THIS ? WRONG DO YOU WANT TO PUT SPARKLES OVER THE WHOLE CAKE? iF YOU ARE USING FONDANT WHY NOT JUST USE LUSTER DUST? IF YOU ARE PUTTING IT ON THE WHOLE CAKE ROYAL ICING WILL NOT WORK USE PIPING GEL OR CORN SYRUP.

ptanyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ptanyer Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:26am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabryant0212

I GUESS I READ THIS ? WRONG DO YOU WANT TO PUT SPARKLES OVER THE WHOLE CAKE? iF YOU ARE USING FONDANT WHY NOT JUST USE LUSTER DUST? IF YOU ARE PUTTING IT ON THE WHOLE CAKE ROYAL ICING WILL NOT WORK USE PIPING GEL OR CORN SYRUP.

I'm sorry - I should have been more specific - the turrets are either iced or use fondant to cover them. I want to use fondant and want to sprinkle sugar on them to make them sparkle. Didn't know which product to use that wouldn't break down the fondant and would dry after I put the sugar on.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:52am
post #6 of 7

If you use piping gel, the sugar will stick on very nicely and it's clear so you won't be able to see anything. That is what a lot of others have used to get sand to stick on beach cakes as well. I'm not sure what other options there may be. HTH

HowCoolGomo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowCoolGomo1 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 8:17am
post #7 of 7

I misted my turrets with water and then rolled in sugar

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%