Edible Image Printer... Which One?

Decorating By cakesbykitty Updated 26 Jul 2009 , 11:11am by gingersoave

fiddlesticks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fiddlesticks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:45pm
post #31 of 213

toodlesjupiter.. Thats the printer I have an no mine has never clogged I have let it sit for a few weekes before and when I used it it worked like a charm!
kakesbykitty Im excited for you . I hope your kopykake items arrive soon!

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 8:57pm
post #32 of 213

wow Fiddlesticks, I'm glad to hear yours doesn't clog. I've heard horror stories and have put off getting one because I only do like 2-3 a month now and was afraid of investing in one and the high cost of the inks to have it clog up if not in use it just wouldn't pay. I'm wanting one now.

fiddlesticks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:02pm
post #33 of 213

Hey debster.. Of course I can only speak as to how mine works and I have not had any problem at all with clogging, Well no problems at all really.I love my printer!

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 9:17pm
post #34 of 213

Kitty, my CX8400 arrived Friday evening and like you, I am still waiting for my ink and frosting sheets to arrive from KopyKake. I am hoping they are in the mail today!
Hopefully you got yours today! icon_biggrin.gif

Diane, I went searching through your pics to see how vivid the EI colors are..............They are great!! Your Nascar cake shows the quality of your printer very well! Can hardly wait to get it all set up and going!! icon_biggrin.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 10:17pm
post #35 of 213

Hey Lea, Yes thanks for all the nice comments you have been posting on my pictures. I appreciate it!
And yes that printer does give a nice deep/vivid color on the icing sheets. I hope you guys all enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 10:48pm
post #36 of 213

HI Kitty, I'm excited for you too! Mine is here all I need is the edible paper.
Thank you all for the great information on icing paper vs rice paper. Were do you find icing paper I read back through the posts and I might have missed it, where do you find icing paper? THanks kitty and everyone. Ladybug

toodlesjupiter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
toodlesjupiter Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 10:56pm
post #37 of 213

Thanks tiggy2 and fiddlesticks! I think I'm going to ask for an edible image set-up for my birthday. I was worried because the place I usually buy my images from,(for $12 a pop), has told me horror stories about clogging... but I'm thinking maybe they've had theirs for a while and they're making them better now. I hope!

cakesbykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbykitty Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:03pm
post #38 of 213

i have been buying edible images off ebay for $10 a piece, the entire set up (printer, ink, icing sheets) all came to $190 INCLUDING SHIPPING. that is for 24 sheets. if i only print 20 of them myself it's paid for. REALLY FEELING GOOD ABOUT THIS ONE!

fiddlesticks Posted 9 Feb 2009 , 11:37pm
post #39 of 213

LadyBugMom
.. I get my ink and icing sheets at Kopykake.com
toodlesjupiter.. There are EI printers out there that do clog if you dont use them enough and also if you dont remove the ink when you wont use it and or take it out and shake it etc !
I just happen to know that my brand/model does not.

debster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #40 of 213

Ok I don't mean to be ignorant here but what is the reason you all buy the printer from one place and the cartridges from another the price? Also I was wondering do you need some special program on the computer to make the picture print? Sorry I need one but can't comprehend how it works. I go to my grocery store and they charge me 8.00 but there are some things I would like to do they they won't. Thanks for any information.

toodlesjupiter Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:16am
post #41 of 213

Kitty- Yeah, I'm feeling pretty good about this now as well.

Fiddlesticks- Do you have to do anything special for this particular model when not in use, or is it pretty low maintenance?

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:50am
post #42 of 213

toodles.. No I just let it sit there and look pretty LOL!
I bought my printer at a major sale and thats why I bought my stuff at different places. I also like the icing sheets the best from kopykake.
You can get them a little cheaper I believe from other places but I tried it once and they were very thin and hard to work with and wanted to tear so I stick with the ones I like.

debster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:02am
post #43 of 213

Fiddlesticks.....I checked ebay they have a used one for 99.00 I wouldn't trust a used one. Also a new one with everything for 327.00 too much for my pocket as of now. So I guess I keep hunting. Did you have to get some type of program to run yours with or does it do everything on it's own? Thanks

Teekakes Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:49am
post #44 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by debster

Fiddlesticks.....I checked ebay they have a used one for 99.00 I wouldn't trust a used one. Also a new one with everything for 327.00 too much for my pocket as of now. So I guess I keep hunting. Did you have to get some type of program to run yours with or does it do everything on it's own? Thanks

Debster........I just purchased the same printer Fiddlesticks has. Here is the link to the seller I just bought mine from on ebay, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260321293686&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm38%26_nkw%3D260321293686%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1

He has only 1 left now!! I made him an offer of 59.99 and got it. Shipping is free so your total cost with this seller is 59.99, no strings attached.
He shipped it super fast to me as well. Got it in 2 days and brand new in box just as he advertised.
I don't think you need any certain program to print EI. You will print them just like any other printer, only using edible ink and paper.

Go get that printer!! icon_lol.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:21am
post #45 of 213

debster.. You shouldnt have to send any more then the link that Teekakes posted for you.
About the program ..You can get a free program when you order the icing sheets from KOPYKAKE. Or you can print using Excel ( it works really good).
Kopykake has real good customer service if you order fom them an can talk you through any problems you might have. HTH.

debster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 1:59pm
post #46 of 213

Thanks to both of you, I went to bed after the last post. Gonna try to get it now. Thanks!!!!!!

debster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:15pm
post #47 of 213

Teekakes.................I just made an offer of 60.00 hope he doesn't refuse. I'll let you know if I get it, crossing fingers here. Thanks for the help!!!!

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #48 of 213

debster.. Good Luck, I hope you get it !

Teekakes Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #49 of 213

Debster.....Great!! He will accept your offer I am sure.
Actually, my initial offer to him was $49.99, he countered with 59.99 and I accepted.
Let us know icon_smile.gif

debster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:06pm
post #50 of 213

Thanks fiddlesticks.......I have ideas rolling around in my head for Graduations that would set me apart from others in the area. The possibilities seem endless.

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:08pm
post #51 of 213

Hi:
Can I buy a regular epsom printer and change the inks?
Please let me know if somebody knows aout that.

Teekakes Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:16pm
post #52 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellmarie

Hi:
Can I buy a regular epsom printer and change the inks?
Please let me know if somebody knows aout that.

Hi Nellmarie, icon_smile.gif
It has to be a new printer that has never had regular ink used in it. If you will go to www.kopykake.com you will find a page showing you which printers will work for Edible Images, plus they sell the edible inks and frosting sheets you will need. They have a 800 phone number you can call too.

Cenell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cenell Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:23pm
post #53 of 213

Thanks Teekakes for tour help.

I was wondering which one but now I'm goin to check the web page.
thanks again
God Bless

Teekakes Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:42pm
post #54 of 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by nellmarie

Thanks Teekakes for tour help.

I was wondering which one but now I'm goin to check the web page.
thanks again
God Bless

You are welcome! The particular printer most of us in this thread are using is the EPSON Stylus CX8400.
Fiddlesticks is the knowledgeable one regarding this particular printer. Most of the rest of us have just recently purchased our Edible Image setups.
Glad you jumped on board to have fun and learn with the rest of us. thumbs_up.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 3:51pm
post #55 of 213

Yes.. please everyone make you use a new printer and that the printer you buy has Edible Ink available for it! Not all brands and models do..
There is so much you can do with these you can scan your favorite pictures and make icing sheet wraps for you cakes. You can print pictures and cut them out and place in different areas, you can use them on cookies. Its endless what you can do .People in my area love the fact that I can put pictures of their kids on a cake, ya know all that family stuff !hehe! So Fun!!

godsgood Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
godsgood Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 4:14pm
post #56 of 213

Do you think a refurbished one would be cleaned as if it were new?

toodlesjupiter Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 5:27pm
post #57 of 213

Thanks for all the info.! I can't wait.... I'm actually excited for my b-day now, instead of dreading it. icon_razz.gif Now if I could just quit getting older... then I'd really look forward to b-days. icon_rolleyes.gif

fiddlesticks Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 5:49pm
post #58 of 213

godsgood.. I dont know how good they clean them up If it was me I would not chance it !
Besides the $$ part is the ink and icing sheets, The printer is really the least $ amount in the whole set up. You dont want to waste your ink and sheets and then find out you cant use it beacuse it wasent safe enough. YA KNOW ? But thats just me.
toodlesjupiter..Age is just a number , doesent mean a thing !
Besides if thats you in your avatar, you cant be very old!

debster Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 5:57pm
post #59 of 213

Thanks to all who helped!!!! My printer is on the way, now I'm off to order ink and sheets. I'm excited to get it.

toodlesjupiter Posted 10 Feb 2009 , 6:08pm
post #60 of 213

Thanks fiddlesticks! I'm turning 37, but the closer I get to the big 4-0, the more I want to put on the brakes. LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%