What Is A Flower Nail ?????

Decorating By londonpeach Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 8:57pm by londonpeach

londonpeach Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:16pm
post #1 of 3

I've been reading some of the forums and have noticed the flower nail is mentioned a lot to get evenly baked cakes, i've never heard of them icon_sad.gif , i'm in the UK and was wondering if someone can explain what they are and where i get them.
I've also seen the bake even strips mentioned, i did find them on the wilton site, can they be re-used or do they get thrown away after 1 use.
Hope i don't sound too dim asking this icon_wink.gif

2 replies
Cakepro Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 3

Hi, and welcome to Cake Central!

Bake Even Strips are reusable. They are quite durable and last a long time.

A flower nail is what you use to (normally) make roses and other flowers on, but they can also be used as a little heat conductor when baking cakes. Here ya go: http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=3E30DA27-475A-BAC0-5B9517D6CAF8BB75

londonpeach Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Cakepro,
I've found somewhere in the UK where i can buy these now so i think i'm going to invest.

I was confused about the flower nail as the most common ones here are plastic (including the 1 i have), and was thinking it would melt in the oven icon_surprised.gif

This site is so addictive but very helpful icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%