Joining A Cake Meet Up Group In Pa..

Decorating By todolomio Updated 20 Feb 2009 , 5:32am by Santa_Kitchen

todolomio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
todolomio Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:47pm
post #1 of 74

All right so, I have been giving it serious thought and I'm going to do this if I can get the right amount of people

I live in the North West of PA was planning on doing a Cake Artist Gathering to meet up with other cake artists in PA to share ideas, promote classes etc...

But, first is first answer the poll.

Thanks everyone icon_biggrin.gif

73 replies
jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 74

Where are you exactly in PA? I live about an hour or so north of Pittsburgh....above Kittanning.

neecerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neecerator Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:32pm
post #3 of 74

Yes, where in the NW of PA do you live? I live 1/2 hour East of Pittsburgh. We NEED & want more cake events in the far West of PA for sure. Keep us posted. icon_smile.gif

evieg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
evieg Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:16pm
post #4 of 74

ya lo encontre dejame saber como vas a planear todo esto necesitas ayuda avisame. ya le voy a informar a par de personas para que asistan y acepten.

cakedout Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedout Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:30pm
post #5 of 74

There had been a cake club in the Pittsburgh area a number of years ago. One of our PA ICES members lives in Beaver Falls. The last incarnation of the club was situated in Mars, but I think they have disbanded. I know some of the gals out there often go to the Ohio meetings.

If I can find my list, perhaps I can get you some names of other ICES members out your direction!

neecerator Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:34pm
post #6 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedout

There had been a cake club in the Pittsburgh area a number of years ago. One of our PA ICES members lives in Beaver Falls. The last incarnation of the club was situated in Mars, but I think they have disbanded. I know some of the gals out there often go to the Ohio meetings.

If I can find my list, perhaps I can get you some names of other ICES members out your direction!

Dear Cakedout: I would love it if you knew of some cake people near the Pittsburgh area/region. Thanks.

something_sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
something_sweet Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:42pm
post #7 of 74

Where would this meet up be held?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:50pm
post #8 of 74

I'm in Northeast ohio right on the pa. border......I'd be interested too!

candee2300 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candee2300 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 10:02pm
post #9 of 74

I live right outside of beaver falls. Who was involved in ICES from there? I would really like to talk to other gals in my area.

PeytonsMom0207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeytonsMom0207 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:00am
post #10 of 74

I was so excited when I saw the topic... I thought you might be close. I am in NW PA also... but very very NORTH. Near the NY state line icon_sad.gif I'm, a newbie all the way but a cake meetup would be awesome.

something_sweet Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:09am
post #11 of 74

I know, and I am very very south, almost in Maryland!

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 12:13am
post #12 of 74

I'm in Harrisburg...wish I was closer icon_sad.gif

todolomio Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:19pm
post #13 of 74

Ok girls, this is my plan for now. We should meet up either every 3 months or 6 months which is 4 times a year or twice a year. I think that maybe 4 times is better because those who can't come to all at least have more than 2 options. I will pm you each to discuss what are your strongest areas and weakness. Based on that we will be able to pick out subjects that are in our best interest. To answer your questions on location I think that to start out the project we should start as a home gathering (which we won't have a rental fee to start out) I live close to Quakertown Pa I would not have a problem hosting however, I think it would be nice to rotate and that way we get to be in different places to ease the traveling for some (also we get to go on nice road trips *grin*). Besides it's better than having to travel out of state like OHIO icon_smile.gif I'm gonna open a blog so that we can start working and sharing as a group. I will send out the info later today.

If this really works out then we could consider to bring speakers with other experiences and bring them in to show us cool new techniques. Hey you never know we might be able to bring Aine2 to show us some cool gumpaste techniques.

I'm really excited about this project and I know that we can do really good. Remember that it will only be as good as we want it to be.

Also, think about a name and we can vote on the best! Let's get the ball rolling everyone this is gonna be fun!!!
thumbs_up.gif

todolomio Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 5:21pm
post #14 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by neecerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakedout

Dear Cakedout: I would love it if you knew of some cake people near the Pittsburgh area/region. Thanks.

Cakedout that would be great we all ready have 9 people interested so we only need a few more to get started. Let's hunt them down so they can join us.

Bye

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:55pm
post #15 of 74

I live near New Stanton, PA. Close to the turnpike and I70. I only do it for fun. But I would love to join if its open to everyone. My place is always open to anyone who would like to come here also.

doodledo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doodledo Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:57pm
post #16 of 74

I live near New Stanton, PA. Close to the turnpike and I70. I only do it for fun. But I would love to join if its open to everyone. My place is always open to anyone who would like to come here also.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:07pm
post #17 of 74

Hi there I am in Bucks County (Yardley) and would love also to join, or have a group...anyone around?

mbpbrighteyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbpbrighteyes Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:10pm
post #18 of 74

Bummer you guys are out west! I'm in Lancaster! Sounds like lots of fun!

Are any of you heading to State College in April?? I'm so excited- will be first ICES event!

something_sweet Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:22pm
post #19 of 74

I was thinking of going to State College, but I am definately going to be going to Westminster, MD in May! I hear a lot of big names show up there, plus they have classes!

tjrobin31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tjrobin31 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:24pm
post #20 of 74

i would love to join unfurtunately i live near st marys, which is nowhere near any of you guys if hear of anything near elk county, please let me know
thanx

neecerator Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:27pm
post #21 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodledo

Hi there: I live in Monroeville, PA, so we are close to you! Feel free to PM (Private Message) me anytime.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:31pm
post #22 of 74

sweetestthing, Where in S. PA are you? I am in MD, about 20 min. from the PA Line, just south of Hanover. I would love to have a local club in this area.

neecerator Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:34pm
post #23 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by todolomio

Ok girls, this is my plan for now. We should meet up either every 3 months or 6 months which is 4 times a year or twice a year. I think that maybe 4 times is better because those who can't come to all at least have more than 2 options. I will pm you each to discuss what are your strongest areas and weakness. Based on that we will be able to pick out subjects that are in our best interest. To answer your questions on location I think that to start out the project we should start as a home gathering (which we won't have a rental fee to start out) I live close to Quakertown Pa I would not have a problem hosting however, I think it would be nice to rotate and that way we get to be in different places to ease the traveling for some (also we get to go on nice road trips *grin*). Besides it's better than having to travel out of state like OHIO icon_smile.gif I'm gonna open a blog so that we can start working and sharing as a group. I will send out the info later today.

If this really works out then we could consider to bring speakers with other experiences and bring them in to show us cool new techniques. Hey you never know we might be able to bring Aine2 to show us some cool gumpaste techniques.

I'm really excited about this project and I know that we can do really good. Remember that it will only be as good as we want it to be.

Also, think about a name and we can vote on the best! Let's get the ball rolling everyone this is gonna be fun!!!
thumbs_up.gif

Dear Todolomio:
I'm definately interested, count me in! I don't care if I have to travel a little bit. I'm 1/2 hr. East of Pittsburgh, near the turnpike. I'm so excited! I teach some beginner classes tomorrow at a local church kitchen. I'm also taking Wilton courses at JoAnn's this week too. I need to chase the winter blues away! Sincerely, Denise

something_sweet Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:37pm
post #24 of 74

Price, I used to live in Hanover, but now I am in Chambersburg, about an hour west of Hanover. =( I wasn't doing cakes when I lived in Hanover, but that still isn't too far away for me.

neecerator Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:56pm
post #25 of 74
Quote:

I just finished checking where Quakertown was, and it's really far from us! Maybe you and I could PM each other to start with? Denise

neecerator Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:58pm
post #26 of 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by todolomio

thumbs_up.gif

Quakertown seems so far from me....? Yes, PM me and we'll talk. Thanks. Denise

todolomio Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:23pm
post #27 of 74
Quote:

This will be open to anyone who loves the art of sugar business or hobbyist. Thanks for opening your doors. We will keep in touch.

candee2300 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm
post #28 of 74

count me in too please. i am right outside of pittsburgh. email is
[email protected]

candee2300 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:31pm
post #29 of 74

count me in too please. i am right outside of pittsburgh. email is
[email protected]

todolomio Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 8:34pm
post #30 of 74

Even if you are far away you can still be a part of it. I mean you'll receive some great info and if we give a course we could probably set it up so that we can have the tutorials in pdf formats to send to those who can't come. You never know we might even make a trip around your area.

Where there is a will there is a way!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%