Franklin The Turtle Cake Idea

Decorating By btriple1 Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm by TheMightyQuinn

btriple1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
btriple1 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:56pm
post #1 of 4

My daughter is turning two next month, her favorite show is Franklin, I would really like to do a Franklin the Turtle theme cake, Does anyone have any ideas and/ or pictures. Thanks so Much

3 replies
TheMightyQuinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheMightyQuinn Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:53am
post #2 of 4

ok, so i don't know how well you work with gumpaste or what not BUT,

you could make a cake with Franklin's home ontop of it (since it's domey) and make Franklin figurines in the yard playing?

I'm trying to think what else you could do that would be just franklin. Like maybe you could just make a cake with the intro scene on it but put her name instead, with Franklins face in the bottom corner. Rice paper transfer possibly. The intro scene i mean is the one with branches all around the edges and the center is open? They usually put the episodes title in it.

Can you tell i watch this show everday? lol

My 2yr son loves Franklin too so i migth save this thread come July!

let me know what you come up with! I'd love to see your final result

sugarbees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbees Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 4

My son loved Franklin many years ago and will still watch it if he runs across it and he is 13..lol.. I think his house would be cute with him and bear out front..maybe just a turtle shell shaped cake..and on the board write: Hey its birthday girls name like the theme song starts..are you doing Franklin party goods? you could do a turtle with a pink or purple bow and green and pink or purple party supplies and just do a turtle theme..

TheMightyQuinn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheMightyQuinn Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 7:21pm
post #4 of 4

Ya doesnt his sister have a purple bow? That's a cute idea to put her name into the theme song! I like it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%