For Those Afraid Folks Are Cutting Back On Cake Spending....

Decorating By indydebi Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 2:59pm by indydebi

indydebi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 5

http://www.birthdayswithoutpressure.org/quotes.html

some people are still spending crazy money on birthdays. Some of these stories are just nuts!! "Half-Birthdays"??????

4 replies
flamingobaker Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 5

I agree!

Just got an order for someone who "needs" 3 birthday cakes for her daughter - one party for friends from old school, one for party with friends from new school and one for the family party! icon_biggrin.gif

I do more "special occasion" cakes than b-day anyway and I haven't noticed that people are cutting back on those.

newnancy Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I enjoyed those. People are NUTS! $10 million for a 13 year olds party (anybodys party)~~~wait for that wedding in a few years, it may hit a new record. Crazy, crazy people.

Granpam Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 5

My jaw dropped! I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a chid's party. I had my husband read it and he said that they were probably people like the Wall Street moguls. that got bonuses with bailout money.

indydebi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpam

My jaw dropped! I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a chid's party. I had my husband read it and he said that they were probably people like the Wall Street moguls. that got bonuses with bailout money.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif He sounds just like MY hubby, who gets on a roll about the execs who took KMart to bankruptcy and got a bonus for doing so! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%