For Those Afraid Folks Are Cutting Back On Cake Spending....

Decorating By indydebi Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 2:59pm by indydebi

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 5

http://www.birthdayswithoutpressure.org/quotes.html

some people are still spending crazy money on birthdays. Some of these stories are just nuts!! "Half-Birthdays"??????

4 replies
flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 5

I agree!

Just got an order for someone who "needs" 3 birthday cakes for her daughter - one party for friends from old school, one for party with friends from new school and one for the family party! icon_biggrin.gif

I do more "special occasion" cakes than b-day anyway and I haven't noticed that people are cutting back on those.

newnancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newnancy Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:34pm
post #3 of 5

Thanks, I enjoyed those. People are NUTS! $10 million for a 13 year olds party (anybodys party)~~~wait for that wedding in a few years, it may hit a new record. Crazy, crazy people.

Granpam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Granpam Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:53pm
post #4 of 5

My jaw dropped! I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a chid's party. I had my husband read it and he said that they were probably people like the Wall Street moguls. that got bonuses with bailout money.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:59pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granpam

My jaw dropped! I can't imagine spending that kind of money on a chid's party. I had my husband read it and he said that they were probably people like the Wall Street moguls. that got bonuses with bailout money.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif He sounds just like MY hubby, who gets on a roll about the execs who took KMart to bankruptcy and got a bonus for doing so! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%