Penis Cake Advice For Newb

Decorating By lmevans Updated 13 Mar 2009 , 2:13am by nolee

lmevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmevans Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:49am
post #1 of 8

I am kinda new to cake decorating. I've done some, but I'm no expert or pro, thats for sure!
I'm going to a Passion Party on Monday evening, and we're doing dessert/appetizer potluck. I thought, I should SO make a penis cake!!!

But, I obviously dont have time to buy a penis pan, and I'm not thrilled about carving a penis from a 9x13. Also, I have no experience with fondant, and dont plan to start with this cake!

So...any advice for me?

TIA!

7 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:53am
post #2 of 8

It may help to make yourself a template to carve from. Draw it an cut it out, then place over the cake to make carving easier.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:58pm
post #3 of 8

Its easiest i find to carve one from a loaf pan, just make a loaf cake and two cup cakes cut alittle out of one narrow end of the loaf to fit the cup cakes in there then round the end a bit and round off the long edges of the cake to give the basic shape. Then die your crusting icing to the appropriate color ice the whole thing as one and smooth, if you put the icing on kindof thick you can then use your hands and viva pt to put some of the details in. For the head of the penis, take a tip 12 and draw it on then fill in the head with icing and smooth take a knife and draw the seam and a toothpick to make the hole in the head. A small round tip and you can add hair.

It really is an easy shape to achieve and there isn't any reason to go buy a special pan. And if you want a bigger penis then just use two loafs end to end or the large loaf pan that wilton puts out.

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:38pm
post #4 of 8

peg818, thats an awesome idea, much easier than my suggestion. icon_biggrin.gif i've never made one but it was the first thing that came to mind. if i ever have to make one of these, i'm gonna keep that in mind icon_smile.gif

lmevans Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmevans Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks!!

What about using the soup can method to make the shape? I saw it posted for making an erect penis to put on top of a cake...think I could do it laying down, too? But I'm not sure what to do for the head with that method.

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:56pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmevans

Thanks!!

What about using the soup can method to make the shape? I saw it posted for making an erect penis to put on top of a cake...think I could do it laying down, too? But I'm not sure what to do for the head with that method.

Ive never baked in a soup can, but i don't see why that wouldn't work, for the head i would either use a petite doll pan or maybe a small metal bowl, of course it would depend on the size of the can being used.

Rocketgirl899 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rocketgirl899 Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:28am
post #7 of 8

Make a no carve cake! This was "easy!"

you could make it shorter.....

Cake made from 5 - 5x3 inch riund cakes. Head from half ball pan and balls made from ball pan. Cake boards and straws seperate each layer. half way up I added 2 tall dowels, then 3 dowels after the whole thing was stacked. Airbrushed buttercream and added chocolate buttercream hair. Pipe cleaner "cum" Super hard to transport! total of 24 inches tall!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1194086

grr i can't just post the photo

nolee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nolee Posted 13 Mar 2009 , 2:13am
post #8 of 8

If you look in my photos, I often make the boxer shorts with a "peek-a-boo" penis (as I call it!). I normally use modelling chocolate makes it more realistic but have successfully used rice krispies. If you want any details, PM me and I'd be happy to share step by step how I do it!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%