Anyone From Kansas City Area?

Decorating By cakecrazy09 Updated 16 Oct 2009 , 6:55pm by Steffen74

cakecrazy09 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:27am
post #1 of 17

I think I might need a buddy to help me figure out how to make icing without ruining it. If someone is in KC area and would like to get together for a play date please let me know. I live in South Johnson County.

I would also like to know if there are any groups or clubs in KC area?

16 replies
mndy204 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:46am
post #2 of 17

Hi! I'm in the Kansas City area! I'm on the Missouri side.

I'm confused about your problem though, how are you ruining your icing? Your cakes look great!! icon_smile.gif

Edited to say: I also would like to know if there are any groups or clubs around here, I've looked online, but haven't found any (or I may just not know what to look for).

CareyI Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:01am
post #3 of 17

I'm here, I'm here....I live in Olathe and was just thinking of posting about finding people in the Kansas City area....But I am thinking you might teach me a few things looking at your cakes... icon_biggrin.gif

mndy204 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:03am
post #4 of 17

CareyI - what on earth are you talking about? Your cakes are awesome!! thumbs_up.gif I just looked at your castle cake and read your comments on it. I'm currenty (yes at 3 am) fighting with the castle for my daughter's birthday. This is my second go round because the first time the towers totally tore up my cake and made my bottom tier collapse. So frustrating!! I'm hoping this time around things will be better. Would you really consider it worth the investment to buy this castle set? (I borrowed mine from a friend so I didn't really plunk the money into it.)

So, small ramble there... Just thought I'd share. icon_smile.gif I'm happy to see some other people from around here on CC!!!

korkyo Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:39pm
post #5 of 17

Yes there is a cake club that meets once a month over in the Prairie Village area. I'll get the details and post them again or you can PM me.

karrotcurl Posted 23 Jul 2009 , 11:41pm
post #6 of 17

Can I get info on that KC group too?

korkyo Posted 24 Jul 2009 , 11:00am
post #7 of 17

Here is the info for the cake club. Hope you all can join us. This tuesday may be some low attendance because of convention. I won't be there because I leave wed am early. BUT the next month's meeting is great because we all bring back the new toys we found at convention!!!! Lot's of stuff to play with. icon_smile.gif

Prairie Village community center.
7700 Mission Road, PV KS 66208
We meet in the separate building across fro the police station.

3rd Tuesdays of each month.

korkyo Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 2:54am
post #8 of 17

Tues the 25th is the next date we have for cake club.
Let me know if any of you are going to be there!!

sleepy33 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 7:02am
post #9 of 17

I'd like to come! I'm in Lawrence. What time does it meet? Do we need to bring anything, or is there a 'theme' or anything? Or do we need to rsvp?

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 8:25pm
post #10 of 17

I am just east of KC.
There is another cake club in KC called the Fancy Frosters.
I believe they meet the 2nd Monday of each month and meet in
North KC. They are a really nice group of ladies. I can get information for anyone who wants it. I would love to get together and practice/ exchange ideas.

sleepy33 Posted 14 Aug 2009 , 10:49pm
post #11 of 17

BeeBoos- I'd be very interested in the info on Fancy Frosters as well. Can't have too many cake clubs!! icon_smile.gif

ccr03 Posted 21 Aug 2009 , 9:18pm
post #12 of 17

Bit of a follow up - but did you know about the MO Weekend of Sharing? It's going to be in Kansas City. check out

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:07am
post #13 of 17

Yes and I would love to go and see Bronwen in action but unfortunately we cannot afford that kind of fun right now. icon_sad.gif

millermom Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:20am
post #14 of 17

I would love to attend that meeting! icon_smile.gif CareyI--want to carpool? icon_lol.gif

millermom Posted 22 Aug 2009 , 1:23am
post #15 of 17

Oops! Just noticed the date on these. Guess I'm a little late. Does anyone know when they meet again? icon_redface.gificon_confused.gif

sleepy33 Posted 31 Aug 2009 , 4:40pm
post #16 of 17

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I linked up with another Fancy Frosters member on Facebook who gave me the info. The next meeting is on Monday, September 14 at 7pm, in the basement of the Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, 7110 Hwy 9 NW, Kansas City, MO 64152. It doesn't look like any rsvp is necessary.

Steffen74 Posted 16 Oct 2009 , 6:55pm
post #17 of 17

Anyone know when the next meeting is for the KC Cake Club? (not the one north of the river) Is is still the third Tuesday? thanks! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%