Need Help..stork Themed Cake Ideas?

Decorating By Heavenlydelights107 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 12:33am by bartar01

Heavenlydelights107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heavenlydelights107 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:32am
post #1 of 4

So I have a babyshower cake to do with a stork theme. I have looked at the pics on there and I am trying to incorporate some of the ideas shown.

Here is my dilema, this cake is big, well many cakes. There are 5 total.
The woman has a cake s tand she wants to use that holds 3 cakes, 12, 10, 8. Then she wants (2) 8in on each side of it.

Her theme is storks, I hate storks, so Ideas have been hard to come up with.

First I thought on the 12 inch on the bottom, I would make it green, do grass, maybe some other deco's on it. The middle would just be plain blue with some white clouds, then the top blue, white clouds and a stork and baby.

I have no clue what to do with the 2 8in cakes on the sides. Also, she wants all buttercream icing, but I can use Fondant Accents.

Please help!!! I am at a loss.

Thanks!

3 replies
sarahpierce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahpierce Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:47am
post #2 of 4

This one is tough. I like your idea for the stacked cakes. As for the side cakes you could make them look like ponds with grass around the sides and some wildlife and cattails. Maybe, have a stork drinking from the water and fish in the pond.

foxyjos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxyjos Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:10am
post #3 of 4

I love your idea for the three main cakes!! How about two matching additional cakes - something like one of these? ...Something relatively simple, that will fulfill your client's desire for stork's! icon_smile.gif All the best!
LL
LL

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:33am
post #4 of 4

You could use fondant to create the "bundle" the stork drops the baby off in for the other 2 8" cakes. The cake ideas for the stand sound totally cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%