Wedding Cake Marathon - Food Channel

Decorating By indydebi Updated 6 Feb 2009 , 11:39pm by 7yyrt

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:57am
post #1 of 45

For non-football fans, on Sunday, Feb 1, Food Channel is having a marathon of wedding cake challenges starting at 3:00.

44 replies
Launa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Launa Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:03am
post #2 of 45

Yes!! icon_lol.gif I'm there! Thanks, indydebi for the heads-up!!

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:06am
post #3 of 45

oh boy......

puppy bowl or wedding cakes.......

decisions, decisions.

icon_confused.gif

cvoges Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvoges Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:07am
post #4 of 45

Thanks for the info! I'm surely more interested in wedding cakes than football.

Cakenicing4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakenicing4u Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:11am
post #5 of 45

Picture in Picture to the rescue!!!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #6 of 45

Technology to the rescue... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love the Super Bowl.. I don't want to miss all those great new commericals... icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

countrygirl4578 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
countrygirl4578 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:27am
post #7 of 45

since we won't be home they will definately be on the DVR!!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:38am
post #8 of 45

Wow, tough decision.... grown men being paid exorbitant salaries to run around on grass with a ball that is not even round, while being broadcast around the globe??? or mind tingling, thought provoking, inspiring cake challenges... how do I decide??? icon_cry.gif

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:47am
post #9 of 45

I hate football and LOVE the challenges (even the re-runs) so I'll be watching!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:19am
post #10 of 45

I saw that there were gonna be about 5 episodes of just wedding challenges, includings an OSSAS show!!! I'm so excited to watch, already got my DVR set up icon_smile.gif just in case!

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 11:57am
post #11 of 45

Thanks for the heads up!

Bijoudelanuit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bijoudelanuit Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:18pm
post #12 of 45

Thats great to know! thanks for sharing!

eldag0615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eldag0615 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:28pm
post #13 of 45

Yes, yes, yes, I have been waiting for one of these for a loooooong time.
I rather watch cake challenges than football. Like my DFIL used to say: Don't they have enough money to buy one stinking ball for each one? He was joking obviously. I have been going to 98% of the home and away High school games for the last, let me see, at least 12 years, and my friends make fun of me because when they are making a touch down I am taking pictures of the band or recording them.

Thank you Indi for reminding us!! thumbs_up.gif

MaxTRexmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaxTRexmom Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:50pm
post #14 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

Wow, tough decision.... grown men being paid exorbitant salaries to run around on grass with a ball that is not even round, while being broadcast around the globe??? or mind tingling, thought provoking, inspiring cake challenges... how do I decide??? icon_cry.gif

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

craftyone65 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftyone65 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:08pm
post #15 of 45

Already said we'd go to a small superbowl party (I'm bringing fondant pearls to sit and work onicon_smile.gif but thanks for the heads up.....going to set that DVR nowicon_smile.gif

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:09pm
post #16 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

For non-football fans, on Sunday, Feb 1, Food Channel is having a marathon of wedding cake challenges starting at 3:00.

I've been waiting for this all week! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:14pm
post #17 of 45

I was so excited about the wedding cake challenges and went to set my reminder timer and Canada's Food Network is different. I am crushed and saddened. I am not a big fan of football, but I AM a die hard fan of Cake Challenges. icon_sad.gif

::kicks rocks::

Sugarchic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarchic Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:17pm
post #18 of 45

My boss begged me to come to work today til 7pm but I told him I wasn't staying all day especially after I saw what was coming on at 3pm. Too bad Too sad my coworkers will have to deal with it anyway it's Overtime I don't need. icon_rolleyes.gif

SHADDI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SHADDI Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:21pm
post #19 of 45

Oh no why o why today on Super Bowl day I Love the Steelers Mainly Polamalu If It wasn't for that i won't watch the game but MAN i don't know what to do i can diffently watch from 3 to 6 cause game doesn't start till 6pm and i don't have a DVR Oh Man Oh Man what to do ......... I will have to call around to see who has a DVR

Oh Thank You so much for letting us know Mainly Me cause i didn't know at all. Thank you, Thank You.....

Shaddi

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:24pm
post #20 of 45

I am so sad because I love the Superbowl and well as the challenges. But alas, I am working in Switzerland and will miss both. Hopefully I can send email to someone who will read it today and ask them to tape the challenges.

lainalee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lainalee Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:38pm
post #21 of 45

Oh Thank You!

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:44pm
post #22 of 45

I'll start watching the Superbowl when the wedding cake challenge is over.

tonicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonicake Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:51pm
post #23 of 45

Thanks for the info. I'll be catching both! Daughter and I love to watch cake shows before bed time. This will keep us going for a while!

justgale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justgale Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:54pm
post #24 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessDesserts

oh boy......

puppy bowl or wedding cakes.......

decisions, decisions.

icon_confused.gif

LOL I already got informed that the big TV will be watching the puppy bowl. Guess if I'm going to watch the wedding cakes I'll have to hide out in the bedroom. Dang now I'm in the mood to do a small wedding cake with puppies on it and maybe a football on top. icon_rolleyes.gif So much for not doing anything cake related for today.

michellesArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellesArt Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:55pm
post #25 of 45

oh thank you for the info (my poor dh has to work today has no tv available lol) so that means i get to have the big screen for the food challenge yippee!!

tamarawagner99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tamarawagner99 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:57pm
post #26 of 45

Thanks, IndyDebi! I've got them set to record on the DVR now. Cake challenges are my fave! icon_biggrin.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:06pm
post #27 of 45

Thanks Indy. I'd take the Cake Challenge over the "stupidbowl" any day!!!! Thanks for the heads up. I'll be ready!!! icon_lol.gif

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:01pm
post #28 of 45

I would like to see the Steelers vs. the Cardinals in a wedding cake challenge and the Food Network Challenge stars in a football game. Duff & Elisa vs. Norman & Collette.... icon_lol.gif Kerry would look good in B & W stripes.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:19pm
post #29 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

I would like to see the Steelers vs. the Cardinals in a wedding cake challenge and the Food Network Challenge stars in a football game. Duff & Elisa vs. Norman & Collette.... icon_lol.gif Kerry would look good in B & W stripes.

That would be an AWESOME Food Network special.....I love hour CC members think icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gificon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

Malakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Malakin Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:33pm
post #30 of 45

I wish I would have known ahead of time. I don't know if I set my dvr to record. I'm at work with no FoodNetwork.....................aaaaaahhhhhhhh.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%