How Did You Make The Wedding Dress Cake?

Decorating By sunfish_dane Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm by __Jamie__

sunfish_dane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunfish_dane Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:40am
post #1 of 4

I posted this earlier, and realized it didn't sound like a question when I posted it. I don't know how to do it!

I love the way these cakes look so much, that when my old buddy asked me to make one, I said sure! I'm making it for Tuesday this week, and would love any tips anyone learned while making this cake. What is the best shape to make the dress pieces? The flowers look the most complicated to me, any thoughts? I'd appreciate any input! I'm making a two tier round like the two tiered pic, and I want my dress to look similar to the other cake. By the way, these cakes are beautiful, and you did a great job!
Thanks!
LL
LL

3 replies
mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:02am
post #2 of 4

I too have been wanting to make one of these but haven't yet.

I would pm someone who has done one before, from the gallery. I did that a while ago and the person was very nice and responded to my email to give me directions.

Her process was using wax paper as a template for the different layers and then cut the fondant from there.

minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:19pm
post #3 of 4

Both of those cakes are really pretty...the bottom one maybe needs the flowers moved a tiny bit off center. Or is that my mind in the gutter? lol.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by minicuppie

Both of those cakes are really pretty...the bottom one maybe needs the flowers moved a tiny bit off center. Or is that my mind in the gutter? lol.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Well...I bet no one noticed anything until you pointed it out! Hee hee!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%