Whipped Chocolate Ganache

Decorating By sweetmonkey Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 4:14am by sweetmonkey

sweetmonkey Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:20am
post #1 of 8

Hi.

I have a recipe for Whipped Chocolate Ganache and I was wondering if it would do well for piping decorations? Would I be better off using something else?

The cake is a dark chocolate cake with a layers of chocolate meringue, chocolate ganache glaze & the whipped ganache.

Thanks for your help!

7 replies
classiccake Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:51am
post #2 of 8

boy oh boy, that sounds like chocolate heaven. If I answer your question, can I have a piece pleaseeeeee!

My experience with piping whipped ganache is that it tends to warm in your hand and get soft, and eventually kind of revert to just ganache. I would say it depends on how much you want to pipe. It would probably be okay for scrollwork, dots, a bead border.

sweetmonkey Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:58am
post #3 of 8

yeah, I'm really looking forward to trying it. Apparently this recipe won the pastry chef her first gig out of pastry school.

Do you have any suggestions for a compatible flavour/texture if I wanted to use something more reliable for piping? It will probably end up just being borders.

classiccake Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:06am
post #4 of 8

If it is just borders, go ahead. You might even wrap something around your piping bag so your hand doesn't warm the ganache as much. It should work fine for borders...and is so rich and delicious!

cakesondemand Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:13am
post #5 of 8

I pipe chocolate roses with whipped ganache never had a problem.

aundrea Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:21am
post #6 of 8

wow that sounds awesome!
what is whipped ganache and how do you make it.
im drooling..............

sweet_teeth Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:26am
post #7 of 8

That does sound great. I think to make whipped ganache you simply whip normal ganache. You may use a smaller cream to chocolate ratio to make it a bit stiffer.

Has anyone ever tried bettercreme or pasty pride with ganache? I'm lactose intolerant and figured I could try to make normal ganache with one of 'em but have yet to try it.

sweetmonkey Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:14am
post #8 of 8

thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go ahead and give it a try.

To make whipped ganache, my recipe says to whip the ganache (3 cups heavy cream to 8 oz chocolate) until soft peaks form.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%