First Attempt At A Cookie Boquet

Baking By just_learnin Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 4:45am by mommahartzell

just_learnin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_learnin Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:53am
post #1 of 6

I am new to this site and new to decorating in general, I have done a few cakes but never cookies. I am wondering if anyone could give me directions on what the best cookie is to use for cookie boquets, and the icing to use, and any other tips anybody would like to share would be greatly appreciated. I have a baby shower coming up that I would love to do some kind of cookie thing for and thought that a cookie boquet would be perfect, the only problem is that I dont know where to start.

5 replies
lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:06am
post #2 of 6

Hey ya,
NFSC for cookies, I use royal icing and mostly fondant. I got some great information from Karen who is a CC member (or was) and has this great cookie site.
http://karenscookies.net/shop/
HTH
Leigh

sweetmonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkey Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 6

Hi just_learnin. I'm a newbie to CC, too, & this is my first post.

The biggest thing I learned about making cookies was to use a guide when rolling out the dough for consistent thickness (I use two pieces of 1/4" dowling on top of parchment paper, put my dough on the paper between the two dowling rods & another layer of parchment on top.) Then I roll my dough out until it is level with the height of the dowling & my rolling pin is resting on the dowling. Make sense?

I use royal icing to decorate: stiff for outlining & thin for filling in. Make sure you keep your tips moist as you work (I put a damp paper towel in the bottom of a cup & keep my bags in there) because royal icing dries out very quickly.

I use a sugar cookie recipe. It tastes good & I've had compliments.

just_learnin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_learnin Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:33am
post #4 of 6

Thanks for the advice!! I will try that

mabryant0212 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mabryant0212 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:43am
post #5 of 6

I have the best recipe for rolled sugar cookies...
1 1/2 cups butter softened
2 cups white sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp almond or flavor you choose(the almond is great)
5 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

in large bowl cream butter and sugar untill smooth. beat in eggs and flavor.

in another large bowl combine all dry ingredients. incorperate this a bit at a time into your butter mix.

cover and let chill for at least an hour

cook at 400 degrees F.

mommahartzell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommahartzell Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 4:45am
post #6 of 6

I too am about to do some cookies for a baby shower. I'm a first timer as well. I have found a very cute idea on Wilton.com for baby shower cookies if you're interested. Hope this helps!!

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Top-to-Bottom-Fun

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%