Liquid Buttercream

Decorating By LadyBugMom Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm by LadyBugMom

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 4

I need to get a receipy for a liquid buttercream I cannot recall the actual name if it i'm having a brain stump today. I am craving a cake and will need to poor buttercream on it to cover it and then add fondant.
Thank you,
LadyBug

3 replies
sayhellojana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sayhellojana Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 12:09am
post #2 of 4

Why not just crumb coat it with regular buttercream and cover with fondant? Or, you could use ganache to pour over. Or, I bet you could even melt your regular buttercream.
HTH

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:10am
post #3 of 4

Maybe you are thinking poured fondant? Also SMBC and IMBC can be gently melted just enough then poured.

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 10:35pm
post #4 of 4

THank you for your replies, I might be thinking of the the poured fondant. I may have to heat up to melt the buttercream because this cake i'm doing parts will be sticking out in strange degrees from the cake and if i do anything but pour on the stuff it could brake off pieces. I'll have to put the picture of this cake on here. You'll understand better. It's for my husband, it's a fish splashing out of water, with the water on either side of the fish. ANyway i'll take pictures. Of course taking it from my mind into reality, might be another story.
THank you i'll look at recipies for poured fondant unless you know of some that I won't have to go searching for one. That would be fun too of course.
THank you again,
Teya

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%