Questionf For Glace Users

Baking By MamaYogi Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 7:30am by Skirt

MamaYogi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaYogi Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 5

TIA for answering. I iced some cookies with glace this week. I absolutely love the shine that comes with this icing. However, there was a couple day delay in me getting back to finish up the cookies and when I pulled them out of the ziplock bag all of the shine had gone away. The cookies were dull looking. Is this normal for glace or did I do something wrong?

4 replies
andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:14am
post #2 of 5

hmm, mine stay pretty shiney, they get a little less shiney as days pass, but not dull, but I have only had them for about 4 days max. (they all get given away and any left in my house get eaten, that stuff is addicting!)The only things I do differently to this super simple recipe is I heat my milk before adding it (don't remember who told me to do that, but I always do) and I add white to the full batch before seperating it for colors, I also make sure they dry in a somewhat warm environment, not hot, just not cold and they have kept their shine to an extent. Hope someone has more to offer icon_smile.gif Andrea

shiney Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shiney Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:24am
post #3 of 5

I use white as well in the entire batch (or they tend to blotch) but I have never gotten mine to stay shiney (haha) when they dry. You can see my grease (and others around those) in my pics and they dry to a matt finish. Seems the Tara's (I think it's called) are the ones I've seen that are shiney.

DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:22am
post #4 of 5

Hmm... I have to admit, mine haven't been around long enough to tell. However, I'd be willing to bet that they wouldn't necessarily stay shiny all the time. The moisture is what makes them shiny, and that goes away.

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:30am
post #5 of 5

Not sure about the specific glace but other cookie people have mentioned that drying the cookie in a warm place or with a hair dryer keeps them shiny. HTH icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%