Decorated Chocolate Covered Oreos

Baking By deedee4420 Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 1:25pm by Susie53

deedee4420 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:36pm
post #1 of 8

I don't post much but I do a lot of reading!

I wanted to attach a photo of Chocolate Covered Oreos that I made for my Grandson's "John Deere" Birthday party. I used the plain mold from
spinning leaf and made the green chcolate tractors out of another mold and attched them. They were fun to make, I am now doing a blues clues the same way with the plain mold and a seperate blues clues mold.

Let me know what you think, thanks for looking and I just want you to know that I have learned a lot from everyone here and I want to thank you all.
LL

7 replies
cylstrial Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 9:37pm
post #2 of 8

Those are adorable! Awesome job!

toleshed Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 8

deedee4420
Those are adorable. I love them.

toleshed Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:41pm
post #4 of 8

deedee4420
How did you attach them?

mirda6275 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:05am
post #5 of 8

Those turned out so cute! I didn't even think of doing that. I have TONS of chocolate molds and I just ordered the Oreo molds. Hmmm...may need to order the plain mold now...

The more I'm on CC, the more I want to try!!!!!

deedee4420 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:43pm
post #6 of 8

Thank you to everyone for your kind words.

To attach the tractors to the oreo I just used a little melted chocolate, dabbed it on the chocolate covered oreo in the center and positioned the tractor on top. Let the cookie sit until the tractor is secure only takes a minute or 2.

I love making the chocolate covered oreos they turn out beautifully everytime.

GeminiRJ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:00pm
post #7 of 8

I have used my chocolate molds in the same way. You can get a lot of use out of the plain top mold when you do this! And you can add other things to the cookie as well....a Hershey kiss, a small chocolate covered pretzel, the RI cake decorations you see in the store for cake decorating, etc. A tiny dab of melted chocolate and you've got the perfect "glue".

Susie53 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:25pm
post #8 of 8

The cookies turned out so cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%