Piping Gel Recipe

Decorating By Necey Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 5:15am by sugarwishes

Necey Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:09pm
post #1 of 7

Found the recipe for piping gel, from Jan. 9th. and wondering if this can be colored to decorate a cake ? ....I haven't made it yet, just wondering. Thanks for any answers. Bernice icon_smile.gif

6 replies
glendaleAZ Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 7

Hi Necey,

I've colored regular piping gel, so if the recipe is like the real think, I would guess that you could do the same.

Can you share the recipe with me, or give me the link to the thread to I can get it there?

Thank you,
Tammy

7yyrt Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:36am
post #3 of 7

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-2051-Piping-Gel.html
From the recipe:
To Color: Add coloring paste/gel or food coloring drops to get desired color.

sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:42am
post #4 of 7

Since you are talking about piping gel (sorry, don't want to hijack your post icon_smile.gif ) what exactly is piping gel? I've heard of mixing it with icing to make it easier to pipe letters and stuff like that. But you can use it as just regular icing? I assume you can eat it, so what does it taste like?

7yyrt Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 2:55am
post #5 of 7

It's basically thickened corn syrup. It just tastes like corn syrup to me. Sweet.
You can mix it in icing, and it makes the icing a bit smoother. Over the top of icing, it makes it shiny (good for water, or jewels). It will stick fondant on a cake, or sugar onto a cookie. Drops on a sugar rose, looks like a dewdrop.

glendaleAZ Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:37am
post #6 of 7

thank you 7yyrt

sugarwishes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:15am
post #7 of 7

thanks icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%