Passport Stamps

Decorating By loriemoms Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm by loriemoms

loriemoms Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 8

I want to lightly stamp the background of a cake with passport type stamps. I went looking and cannot find anything! (even a rubber stamp) Are they illegal or something? Does anyone know where I can at least get maybe some sort of stamps that look like passport stamps?

7 replies
cakedivamommy Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 8

I am not sure if they are illegal or not but you could make your own stamp. Do you have images of passport stamps? If not pm me and I can scan hubbys passport and email it to you. I will look for the thread from awhile back about making your own stamps. Good luck!

Lisa

cakedivamommy Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:44pm
post #3 of 8

Here is the link for making your own RI stamps, HTH!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-609974-stamp.html

Jayde Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:56pm
post #4 of 8

The technique that PP suggested is probably going to be your best bet.
Or if you are using fondant, you can get yourself a piece of acetate and an exacto knife and trace your image onto the acetate, and carefully cut it out with the knife. Hold your stencil up to the cake and airbrush or use that Misting spray from Wilton, and airbrush your stencil to your cake.

Rubber stamps are not food safe, and you shouldnt ever use them on cakes.

loriemoms Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 6:27pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde

The technique that PP suggested is probably going to be your best bet.
Or if you are using fondant, you can get yourself a piece of acetate and an exacto knife and trace your image onto the acetate, and carefully cut it out with the knife. Hold your stencil up to the cake and airbrush or use that Misting spray from Wilton, and airbrush your stencil to your cake.

Rubber stamps are not food safe, and you shouldnt ever use them on cakes.

I probably will end up making them...

I saw a talk by Buddy whats his name and he says he uses rubber stamps all the time on his cakes! I guess its a small degree of non food safe?

Jayde Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 8

There was a post awhile ago that I came across that someone was talking about stamps not being food safe. it was actually very interesting, because that was something that had never occured to me to use, and I certainly had no idea that they werent food safe.

There also was a lady who posted from a company that does make food safe rubber stamps. You can even call and custom order them from her, and they will make whatever you want. I checked out the site, and they were a tiny bit on the pricy side, meaning that if I can do it with an exacto and a sheet of acetate I wouldnt bother, but if its a style that you sell often investing in something like that wouldnt be a bad idea.

Let me see if I can find the post. JanH is on vacation.

Jayde Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 6:38pm
post #7 of 8

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-600616-.html

Heres the link to the thread.

http://www.sweetstampen.com/

Here is the website that sells the food safe stamps. You can also pm Sweetstampen, so is really super sweet, and is full of information.

HTH

loriemoms Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 9:40pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks for the link! I did see some stamps that will do very nicely!! I am going to order them today!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%