Novelty Anniversary Cake

Decorating By niknipscakes Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 3:31am by luvchocolate

niknipscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niknipscakes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:31pm
post #1 of 9

True to form I have cake block, can any1 help with a competition cake?
I am wanting to do a novelty 1st anniversary cake.....this is where it gets difficult.......I want to do a 10" cake on a 12" board the idea is 1 corner represents the wedding day , the next corner is the honeymoon, next 1st baby or 1st home, then final corner raised above the others showing 1st anniversary. Each corner is going to be raised above the previous one. Thing is whereI can't quite work out how to do it........am I going to over the top? Rules state that the anniversary being celebrated has to be clear to the judges.Dummy cakes permitted everthing 100% edible.
Any help would be greatly recieved.

8 replies
kayla1505 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kayla1505 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:44pm
post #2 of 9

i dont know what to tell you but it sounds like a cool idea, i wanna see a pic when you finish icon_smile.gif

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 9

I made a few cakes with 4 different squares like that. Check out these pictures and see what you think. It's a really easy technique that looks so cool, in my opinion.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1269253

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1209672

niknipscakes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:57am
post #4 of 9

luv2cake your an absolute angel........thats just what I was looking for. Wow this site really rocks with ppl like you in it. I have to sugarpaste this cake I wonder how i'm going to do that? wow can't believe you have done the shape I was looking for..........oh my I'm super excited now.
Thankyou thankyou thankyou. thumbs_up.gifprincess.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

niknipscakes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 3:59am
post #5 of 9

luv2cake your an absolute angel........thats just what I was looking for. Wow this site really rocks with ppl like you in it. I have to sugarpaste this cake I wonder how i'm going to do that? wow can't believe you have done the shape I was looking for..........oh my I'm super excited now.
Thankyou thankyou thankyou. thumbs_up.gifprincess.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

luv2cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2cake Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:02am
post #6 of 9

No problem. I'm glad I could help.
I'd love to see your cake when you get it finished!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:25am
post #7 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by niknipscakes

Dummy cakes permitted everthing 100% edible.
Any help would be greatly recieved.

I have a question. Now, granted, I do not have a degree in cake-ology, but how can dummy cakes be accepted if everything must be 100% edible? just....just wondering.... icon_razz.gif

BTW, I do love the stepped look. I may borrow it for my daughter's graduation..

niknipscakes Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 4:35am
post #8 of 9

I know what you mean ,I thought it strange that you use dummy cakes.......when I started college me being totally new and couldn't even cook a cake thought it was something that I would learn, but we use them on all our cakes a college.......strange but handy.

luvchocolate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvchocolate Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:31am
post #9 of 9

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your cakes, luv2cake!

I've been trying to think of how to do grandson's high school graduation cake (wanting to show different stages of his life or different interests he's explored). Now I know EXACTLY what I'm going to do!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%