What Do You Think This Is Made Of?

Decorating By Justbeck101 Updated 2 Feb 2009 , 3:50am by BeeBoos-8599_

Justbeck101 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 12

I am trying to figure out what this HORSE is made of.......
LL
LL

11 replies
-K8memphis Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #2 of 12

Buttercream or fondant could make that but it's hard to guess what it's exactly made of.

Justbeck101 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #3 of 12

I was thinking fondant too, but do you think she used a mold or just hand modeled it?

bashini Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:31pm
post #4 of 12

May have used a mould?

flamingobaker Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:36pm
post #5 of 12

When I saw the 1st pic, I thought chocolate, but then I thought the 2nd looked like BC.

I wonder if there is anyway to mold BC like in a choco mold?

The details are so fine, though. That throws me off. detective.gif

flamingobaker Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:39pm
post #6 of 12

Another idea - maybe RI in a chocolate mold?

My clumsy hands can't imagine it's carved.

If it is carved - all I can say is WOW!

aligotmatt Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:43pm
post #7 of 12

okay, it's really good, so it could be a very skilled person who molded or piped it. I thought they may have gotten a ferrari horse and molded it themselves. But, then I looked at the horse, and it's not identical. Close, but not identical. So, I think someone used a prancing horse mold and altered it a bit to make it more ferrari like... That's what I would do.

7yyrt Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 1:30am
post #8 of 12

I found the page of the original decorator, Sweet Unique. http://www.sweetunique.co.uk/corporate_cakes.html
There is a link marked - 'Ask a question about this cake' , if you want to try asking directly.

Justbeck101 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 5:06pm
post #9 of 12

I did ask her about the cake, but I did not receive a response. The first is a cake, but the second I don't think is edible. I just found the pic and I was thinking it would give you a closer look to see maybe how it could be made. I have an idea and I am going to try it out in a few weeks. I will post the results

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 2:45am
post #10 of 12

I make "toppers" like this for my cakes all of the time. I make them and mail them to customers who want to decorate thier childrens cakes and do not have the decorating ability. I normally use fondant or gumpaste depending on what I am modeling. If you want to check out my site it is www.beebooconfections.citymax.com and click on the fondart page. I have made what I refer to as Fondart toppers for professional decorators in the past. As for the horse, i did one that is on my site. I used fondant that was rolled thicker than you would to put it on a cake. I then used a pencil drawing on parchment and traced the main shape and to add muscles leg joints etc. I then use several clay tools to help sculpt the object and petal dust to create shadows etc. Sometimes i use RI to add demensional items such as a mane on a horse. I hope this helps.

Justbeck101 Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:41am
post #11 of 12

That is funny because those were almost my exact thoughts! I was thinking I could just use a template and roll the fondant thick and chisel the details!
Thank you so much

BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 3:50am
post #12 of 12

You are VERY welcome. I like to help when i can.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%