Fondant Covered Cake With Pudding Filling...please Help!

Decorating By babyblue113 Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 6:56am by babyblue113

babyblue113 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 8:33am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake with a pudding (Snack Pack) filling for the first time, this will be a fondant covered cake but here's my dilemma..... I've always heard that you should not refrigerate a fondant covered cake, but what if you have a perishable filling such as pudding....oh and I'm also using bananas with the filling (chocolate pudding with sliced bananas). What should I do?

Also, any tips with using a pudding filling, I'm nervous that it may ooze out!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

4 replies
sugarwishes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:07am
post #2 of 5

I've put fondant cakes in the fridge and never had a problem. I have also heard this from others. I actually really have no idea why some say you shouldn't since it doesn't effect the fondant at all. There has been a few threads on this before, I say go for the pudding and put it in the fridge. You should have no problem with your cake.

montanabaker Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 5

I, too, put my fondant cakes in the fridge because most of my fillings need to be refrigerated. Never had a problem with it. plus, it's better to make sure nothing goes bad for health reasons....better to be safe than sorry (and sick!) Good luck, hth

LadyBugMom Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 5

WHen I do a jelly or pudding filled cake, to stop the oozing, I always pipe a Frosting ring around it. I keeps all the ooze inside and doesn't mess up my fondant. I hope that helps.
LadyBug

babyblue113 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:56am
post #5 of 5

THANKS EVERYONE!

I feel better now icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%