Fondant Covered Cake With Pudding Filling...please Help!

Decorating By babyblue113 Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 6:56am by babyblue113

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 8:33am
post #1 of 5

I'm making a cake with a pudding (Snack Pack) filling for the first time, this will be a fondant covered cake but here's my dilemma..... I've always heard that you should not refrigerate a fondant covered cake, but what if you have a perishable filling such as pudding....oh and I'm also using bananas with the filling (chocolate pudding with sliced bananas). What should I do?

Also, any tips with using a pudding filling, I'm nervous that it may ooze out!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

4 replies
sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 11:07am
post #2 of 5

I've put fondant cakes in the fridge and never had a problem. I have also heard this from others. I actually really have no idea why some say you shouldn't since it doesn't effect the fondant at all. There has been a few threads on this before, I say go for the pudding and put it in the fridge. You should have no problem with your cake.

montanabaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
montanabaker Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 1:24pm
post #3 of 5

I, too, put my fondant cakes in the fridge because most of my fillings need to be refrigerated. Never had a problem with it. plus, it's better to make sure nothing goes bad for health reasons....better to be safe than sorry (and sick!) Good luck, hth

LadyBugMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyBugMom Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:23pm
post #4 of 5

WHen I do a jelly or pudding filled cake, to stop the oozing, I always pipe a Frosting ring around it. I keeps all the ooze inside and doesn't mess up my fondant. I hope that helps.
LadyBug

babyblue113 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babyblue113 Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 6:56am
post #5 of 5

THANKS EVERYONE!

I feel better now icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%