Office Cake - Suggestions

Decorating By Beth02 Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 12:25am by bartar01

Beth02 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:19am
post #1 of 7

My husband works for a law firm and they have asked me to do a cake for their February birthdays. I did the turkey cake in November when they asked for a Thanksgiving theme. This time they didn't specify theme or anything and I'm at a total loss.

Should I do a red/pink/white theme because it's for Feb. birthdays or go completely away from it? Should I do a tiered cake or just a sheet cake for an office?

Any suggestions? Thanks for any advice/suggestions you can offer!

6 replies
mommyle Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:34am
post #2 of 7

I think a book cake. You know, an open book, and on the pages you could write something about birthdays and names and do it in 'legaleese'. You could write a bit about the person (position, yrs with company). You could have it all printed on edible images, or on rice paper, or you could free-hand it. I wouldn't do anything with red, personally, but it's up to you. Although, now that I think of it, St. Valentine's day started out as not being able to marry unless you were a part of the church... perhaps you could do a legal document to that effect. I just don't know now!!! Sorry!

pugmama1 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 5:36am
post #3 of 7

It would be nice to know who and how many the cake is for- men and/or women? February is also Ground Hog's Day and that would be fun. Is the group serious or funny? I like to do funny for work birthdays.

sarahpierce Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 1:53am
post #4 of 7

Make a plain white tiered cake. Then use yellow fondant squares that look like post-it notes and write each name with black icing on the post-it notes. Attach each post-it "willy nilly" all over the cake. That is a true office cake icon_smile.gif .

cor39 Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 6:48pm
post #5 of 7

I love the idea of fashioning the cake to look like post it notes. I would probably try and stay away from anything related to Valentines Day as I am sure the birthday people get that every year. Good Luck!

cupcakemkr Posted 3 Feb 2009 , 7:04pm
post #6 of 7

I love the post-it notes idea. BUT, I'd stay away from a tiered cake unless you know that someone there knows how to ahndle one.

I think that an office cake needs to be a quick cut, while some may have time to hang around others may need to dash.

Maybe a sheet cake designed as a legal pad with similar birthday notes on it?

Good luck & have fun icon_smile.gif

bartar01 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:25am
post #7 of 7

The post-it notes would be great! Maybe throw in one of those pink 'While you were out' memos. Too cute!

Quote by @%username% on %date%