Decorating By Tortess Updated 22 Feb 2009 , 1:20am by Tortess

Tortess Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 10:55pm
post #1 of 4

What exactly is pastillage? I've seen it, but can't find much about it (in English). Is it gumpaste in a different language?

3 replies
alanahodgson Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:02am
post #2 of 4

Pastillage is a medium that dries very quickly and very hard It's less prone to absorb moisture than gumpaste. Here's an interesting article on pastillage for your review.

bashini Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:42am
post #3 of 4

Hi, you can make that yourself or you can buy it. Here is a link from Global Sugar Art.

I used this to do the turrets in my castle cake.


Tortess Posted 22 Feb 2009 , 1:20am
post #4 of 4

I apologize for the delay - I just realized today that I got replies to my question! And they were very, very helpful! Thanks to you both!

Quote by @%username% on %date%