Anybody Want To Part W/ A "wedding Cake Design Pro"

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 21 Mar 2009 , 3:41am by shadowgypsie

KHalstead Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:08pm
post #1 of 25

I'm looking to buy one, but can't afford to buy a brand new one and have been checking ebay everyday for the last 6 months and only saw 1 in that time and it went up to 70.00 which is reg. price!!! I know there are some of you out there that have purchased it and claim that it's not as great as it's cracked up to be and that you don't use it at all!! Would any of you that fall into that category be willing to part with it? I can't afford to pay full price, but I would love to negotiate a price if you wanna pm me?? Please......I really want this thing!! icon_cry.gif

Thanks icon_lol.gif

24 replies
cocorum21 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:13pm
post #2 of 25

I have one you can have. Let me locate it and I'll pm you.

Marianna46 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:20pm
post #3 of 25

Happy Birthday, cocorum21, hope you have a good day! I was just wondering what it is y'all are talking about. Is it equipment, is it software? I figure the only way I can learn about things on CC is to ask.

cocorum21 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 25

Thanks Marianna icon_smile.gif It's a software program that helps you design cakes. http://www.weddingcakedesignpro.com/

preciosa225 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 25

WCDP is software. You can google it. It looks really neat but being that I spent money on CAKE BOSS because it seemed neat as well and have not used it, I am skeptical to buy anymore of these things.

Well, good luck. I hope this helped.

Marianna46 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:34pm
post #6 of 25

Thanks for the info! Which would you choose between this one and Cake Boss? Someday I hope to go "pro" and wonder if I should invest in any of these things.

Heath Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:48pm
post #7 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna46

Thanks for the info! Which would you choose between this one and Cake Boss? Someday I hope to go "pro" and wonder if I should invest in any of these things.

I think these are very different products and should not be viewed as a one or the other proposition.

Cake Boss is more of a resource for managing your decorating or bakery business. The other program is a 3-d design program for cake design.

Two very different tools for different jobs.

Marianna46 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 25

Thanks for the clarification, Heath. I have to admit I'm kind of a computer nerd, so I'll probably be saving my pennies for both. Well, actually going into business is still sort of a pipe dream, but retirement is just around the corner, so why not reach for the sky, right?

ZAKIA6 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:27pm
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocorum21

can i ask why you are not using it? im thinking of getting it but just want to make sure its worth it.

preciosa225 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:38pm
post #10 of 25

Marianna: I am sorry that I didn't explain the difference between the two before...Oops! While I cannot speak for Wedding Cake Design pro because I do not own it, I would save my money when it comes to the Cake Boss. I think it doesn't do anything that you cannot do in other programs that you already own. It basically keeps track of your orders and customers but I don't find it useful enough to spend the money on. That's just my opinion though.

HTH

KHalstead Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:59pm
post #11 of 25
Quote:

*crossing my fingers* hoping you can find it!!

KHalstead Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 9:02pm
post #12 of 25

I on the other hand couldn't live without cake boss.........I used it when it was in the beta stage when they were still testing it and then didn't have it for about 6 months after they launched it and I nearly lost my mind!!! I couldn't keep anything straight, I was confusing orders and spend oodles of time figuring out the cost of the same cake over and over again as people kept ordering it with slight variations......drove me bonkers! I couldn't live without Cake Boss!!

preciosa225 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:02am
post #13 of 25

I wish Cake Boss was a software pkg that I could sell to someone! icon_lol.gif LOL I just can't stand it and never use it and I paid full price for it (without the cc discount). I should have gotten my money back within the 30 days but I didn't fully try using it until afterwards. Well, I guess everyone is different so you just have to try it for yourself. Maybe I'd love this wedding cake design pro! Who knows... icon_biggrin.gif

KHalstead Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:12am
post #14 of 25

try and contact kellym with cake boss........maybe you'd be able to resell and she'd provide another key...you never know if you don't try!

preciosa225 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:32am
post #15 of 25

You're right...Maybe I will try that! Thanks for your help.. icon_lol.gif

cocorum21 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 2:19am
post #16 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZAKIA6

Quote:

can i ask why you are not using it? im thinking of getting it but just want to make sure its worth it.

It's a great idea, it's just limited as far as designs go. IMO. I have the original version. I think they have a newer version which is why it's more $.

KHalstead Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:06pm
post #17 of 25

does anyone have one they don't want or would be willing to sell???? Please????

ZAKIA6 Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:20pm
post #18 of 25

i'm looking for a copy too.....

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 7:22pm
post #19 of 25

Its cheaper here

http://www.caljavaonline.com/wcd1.htm

edited to add that i cant post a link here because it changes the link to global sugar art link

It is $40 if you order from Cal Java
cal java online.com

KHalstead Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 2:04pm
post #20 of 25

you rock!!! thank you so much..........I had actually noticed them when it was 60.00 and I still didn't want to spend that much because I was afraid I'd never use it. I'm gonna order it for 40.00 though. THank you so much!!!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 7:18pm
post #21 of 25

your welcome!

cylstrial Posted 20 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

Its cheaper here

http://www./wcd1.htm

edited to add that i cant post a link here because it changes the link to link

cal java online.com

That link doesn't work anymore. I wonder what happened!

roxxxy_luvs_duff Posted 23 Feb 2009 , 5:18am
post #23 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxxy_luvs_duff

Its cheaper here

http://www./wcd1.htm

edited to add that i cant post a link here because it changes the link to link

cal java online.com

That link doesn't work anymore. I wonder what happened!

the link i posted automatically changes because I guess you cannot add a link from another cake supply place here on CC

If you do to the Cal Java website you can find the DVD there

cylstrial Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 1:49am
post #24 of 25

Thanks Roxxy!

shadowgypsie Posted 21 Mar 2009 , 3:41am
post #25 of 25

I had looked into Wedding Cake Design Pro a while back. What I discovered was that it was designed for brides to use to design there own cake then print their cake and take the design to a cake decorator.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%