Super Bowl Dessert - Ideas?

Decorating By sweet_2th_fairy Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm by mom2spunkynbug

sweet_2th_fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_2th_fairy Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:46pm
post #1 of 4

I've done a quick search in the photo gallery, but was wondering what everyone is making for this weekend's Super Bowl. Any creative ideas?

3 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:14pm
post #2 of 4

I'm just making plain cupcakes. In the past, I've used Wilton's 1st and 10 football pan to make cakes, but I'm not a big fan of the way the cakes turn out when I use that pan. I'm also trying out a new recipe from one of my Splenda cookbooks (with some tweaking to make them low-fat, too) as DH and I just started WW.

If it weren't for the WW, I'd probably deco the cupcakes with the grass tip and green icing and put little chocolate fondant footballs on top. If you don't feel like making the footballs out of choc fondant and any of the stores around you have mini chocolate Easter eggs out already, you can use those instead, they are almost football shaped.

fbgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fbgirl00 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:57pm
post #3 of 4

I am going to make a football shaped cupcake cake(my first cupcake cake attempt). I just can't decide on which coffee creamer flavor to add to my yellow cake mix, butter pecan maybe?

mom2spunkynbug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2spunkynbug Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 9:10pm
post #4 of 4

I'm planning on making footballs out of brownies. I may also make a football cake (marble cake with chocolate ganache covered in chocolate fondant).

icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%