Wilton Class 1 ?

Decorating By sugarbees Updated 1 Feb 2009 , 9:53pm by sweetjan

sugarbees Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 11

Is this class really needed if you know the basics? I can't decide whether or not to take it or not..

10 replies
Monkess Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:05pm
post #2 of 11

Take it even if you know the basics, you probably will still learn something and it is nice to progress with the group onto level 2 and beyond, that way you know what they are refering to in level 2 from the previous levels. And a brush up doesnt hurt either. Welcom to CC...you will love this place!

dawnnb Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 11

Speaking for myself, I learned so much more here than I did in the class.

ddaigle Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 11

I have already been to Course 2 and I'm still going next month to Course 1. I have found my instructor is always full of knowledge and pointers that I enjoy hearing and learning. I enjoy being in the environment.

cvoges Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 11

Wilton I is absolutely worth the time and money to take. Even if you know the basics, it's a great way to evaluate your knowledge base, practice and perfect skills, and get your creative juices flowing. Enjoy this site--it's addictive!

Teekakes Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:39pm
post #6 of 11

I recommend taking it.
Take every course you possibly can. If you learn at least one or two new things/techniques in each course then it has been a worthwhile experience. icon_smile.gif

j-pal Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:42pm
post #7 of 11

As a previous WMI, I always encouraged students who were considering the course II and III to go back and do course I, first, no matter what their experience. There are certain things that get built upon in each course that will make it beneficial. Also, if your instructor is really good, she/he should be able to pass along a lot of information that you might not already know. It never hurts to learn several ways to do something. JMO

sugarbees Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 11

Thanks ladies.. the class is over an hour away one way and at night and I have a 7 month old baby so was wondering if it was worth the trip..thanks again Karla

gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 12:31am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkess

Take it even if you know the basics, you probably will still learn something and it is nice to progress with the group onto level 2 and beyond, that way you know what they are refering to in level 2 from the previous levels. And a brush up doesnt hurt either. Welcom to CC...you will love this place!

I 2nd the suggestion... and yes, WELCOME to the insanity!!! icon_eek.gif

neecerator Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:46pm
post #10 of 11

I'm taking Wilton II, before Wilton I, because all my local stores cancelled January's Wilton classes, due to not enough people signed up. I went to JoAnn's yesterday and signed up for Wilton I, even though I'm all ready selling some cakes to friends and neighbors. Then I went to the back teaching classroom area, and she said that Wilton I would probably be cancelled, but that Wilton II was a 'go' for sure for this Tuesday night. So I went back up to the front, and got credited for Wilton I and then proceeded to sign up for Wilton II. I can do Wilton I in March, they told me, and I probably will do that, as well as Wilton III and Fondant and Gumpaste classes.

I need to be with people, especially in the winter time! Good luck and safe travels to your classes. Let us know what you think once you get started, ok?

sweetjan Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 9:53pm
post #11 of 11

I vote with everyone else....take it. You'll be surprised at how much you'll learn, and it is a very good way to move into Courses 2 and 3.
Plus a great excuse to play with cake!
And yes, welcome to CC. Great group of people.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%