Custom Made Cutters

Decorating By harrisonsmama Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 5:30pm by lu9129

harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 5

I need to find a place to made some custom square cutters. We will be putting our house decoration on our signature cupcakes whcih is 3 different size square in three different blues stacked on top of each other. I have been using a ruller and knife, but that is not going to work when we are doing 5,000 cupcakes on a Saturday. Any suggestions on where I can get these made or where I could find three smaller cutters? I h ave been using the wilton three oack- the smallest size as my guide.

4 replies
harrisonsmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
harrisonsmama Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:01pm
post #2 of 5

bump

bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:36pm
post #3 of 5

depending on what size you need....you could buy the graduated sets of squares...some thing like this at Chef Rubber http://shopchefrubber.com/product.php?productid=8787&cat=1528&page=1

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:17pm
post #4 of 5

I have also been looking for small square cutters to make windowpanes for my gingerbread houses. After spending 2 days searching the internet with no luck, I've decided to make my own cutters using the tutorial here on CC. All of the square cutters I found on the internet or stores are still too big for what I need. I even roamed the aisles of Home Depot looking for miniature square items I could use for cutters! I only recently purchased the aluminum flashing and tin shears, so I haven't experimented making my mini cutters yet. I'm sorry I couldn't help you with more info on how to locate these small square cutters, but I am not sure they exist any smaller than the wilton and ateco graduated sets. Please post if you have more luck locating these!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 5

My DH made me a racecar out of the flashing and it worked really well. We have made several cutters since. Saves alot of money.

Lu

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%