Cake For A Friend Who Loves Cooking

Decorating By sulia Updated 26 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm by sulia

sulia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sulia Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:14pm
post #1 of 8

hi, i need to make a cake for a friend who absolutely loves cooking and is actually hosting her birthday party at a cooking studio. she asked me to make her a cake thats unique and fun - any ideas??
thanks so much, sulia

7 replies
prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:31pm
post #2 of 8

Make a cake that looks like a stove with pots and pans of stuff cooking on it?

Heehee, that sounds like so much fun to do, I want an excuse to do make one now! icon_smile.gif

Auryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Auryn Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:46pm
post #3 of 8

you could make a cake shaped like a skillet and have spice containers that are actually small pieces of cake and cooking gadgets made out of gumpaste

keystone Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keystone Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:07pm
post #4 of 8

I made a big pot (patterned after an All clad one). I had her name on the front plate. The handles were gumpaste. I had a "wooden" spoon handle made out of fondant inside the "pot" and the top of the cake was a soup/sauce. (Trying to remember what I finally did). The cake board was covered then decorated to look like a burner on a stove. She loved the cake. I didn't get a picture so this is what I remember. I wanted to make like a mini kitchen but decided that was too much for me.

cakebaker1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1978 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:09am
post #5 of 8

oh I have a cake for you! I have always wanted a reason to share this cake! It is from the Debbie Brown Book! Check it out! I have this book if you need some instructions(pan size, etc) Let me know!!

http://www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/easy_party_cakes/pages/Baking%20Day_jpg.htm

bartar01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bartar01 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:42am
post #6 of 8

What about a pot with a fondant pot holder around the handle?

ladybug76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladybug76 Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 12:56am
post #7 of 8

You could always make the cake to resemble a cook book (with your friend noted as the author) then topped with fondant figure of your friend with pots, pans and spoons all scattered around. This sounds like a fun cake to design!! Be sure to share pics!!
~ Jaime

sulia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sulia Posted 26 Apr 2009 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 8

hi all, thanks so much for all your suggestions - much appreciated - i finally decided to go with a mini kitchen style cake. its in my pics.

again, i really thank you for your responses
sulia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%