My First Wedding Cake!

Decorating By BlondiezBakery Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm by Daisy135

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:05am
post #1 of 6

Whoa...it was crazy to type that out...to realize that I will be doing my first wedding cake!

Sorry, I don't have pictures yet, because the wedding isn't until April. It is a good friend of mine, and she trusted me to do it. Naturally, she will be saving a great deal of money...while giving me the experience.

I am so excited and nervous!

I just had to share, b/c it is a big day!

5 replies
bashini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bashini Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 10:27am
post #2 of 6

Wow! that's fantastic. Well done. I can remember when I got my first order. I was soooo exited.

Good Luck and looking forward to seen the photos.

icon_smile.gifthumbs_up.gif

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:25am
post #3 of 6

It's so exciting!! Send your plans and ideas as they come along. It's fun for me to have talent vicariously! icon_lol.gif
Best wishes, and be sure to post pics!

sugarwishes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarwishes Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 11:29am
post #4 of 6

That is so exciting!!!!! What kind of cake and design are you doing??? Good Luck!! I can't wait to see photos too icon_biggrin.gif

BlondiezBakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlondiezBakery Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks for the support. I spent a few hours last night looking through the galleries trying to get ideas.

Me and my friend (the bride) have not sat down yet to discuss. However, I know that she wants (Funky, Topsy Turvy, Black/White, Diamonds, Swirls, and Dots).

Sounds like it is going to be a lot of fun!

I am just glad that I gave TT a go back in December so I could feel more comfortable. Naturally, there will be some practice cakes as lead up.

Daisy135 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daisy135 Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 5:04pm
post #6 of 6

How exciting! I understand your anticipation b/c I will be doing my first wedding cake for my brother in December. GL and can't wait to see what you come up with.

I have been tossing ideas around with future SIL by email but we will meet face to face soon to finalize everything so that I can practice this summer (I'm a teacher).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%