Pearl Sheen & Vodka?

Decorating By Briniga Updated 19 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm by Briniga

Briniga Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 1:33am
post #1 of 7

I bought a large bottle of americolor pearl sheen & was wondering if I need to mix vodka with it to use it in the air brush? I tried it without it but it didnt look that great, but I've only used the air brush a few times & so not sure if Im doin it right...please help, I hope to use this on my granparents cake soon. Thanks!!

6 replies
Briniga Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:15am
post #2 of 7

Ok, I tried it with vodka & it still didnt work well, so I dont know...I guess I have a bad spray gun

sahrow Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 7

I don't know about that brand, but the wilton pearl dust does well in my airbrush with clear vanilla (no vodka in the house).

Is your problem that nothing is coming out at all? If so, try taking the nozzle apart and cleaning it. It may be clogged. Then try again.

Briniga Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:49pm
post #4 of 7

It comes out sometimes, then sometimes in a small clump. I havent tried vanilla, I'll try that, thanks

sahrow Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:53pm
post #5 of 7

Have you tried adjusting your air flow? Mine used to spatter teh regular AB color until I made an djustment (there is a little screw on mine).

Also, you may need to thin it more... or make sure it is well mixed. If there are dry bits or little lumps (I mean tiny miniscule lumps) it may be clogging a bit and quickly unclogging.

Briniga Posted 13 Feb 2009 , 6:42am
post #6 of 7

When mixing vanilla extract with pearl much of each do I put in the bottle?

Briniga Posted 19 Feb 2009 , 11:54pm
post #7 of 7

Ok for anyone who wanted to know, I used it with vanilla extract & it worked great!! thanks all thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%