Collaring Cake Pans

Decorating By TheCakerator Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm by TheCakerator

TheCakerator Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:55pm
post #1 of 6

I just recently started collaring some of my cakes pans to achieve height. The round cakes came out perfect, but I am having a hard time getting the parchment paper to form to a nice straight corner edge on my sheet cakes. Most of the time its just rounding in the edges and that makes for more rounded cake corners, if that makes sense. How do any of you collar your square/sheet cake pans? I only have wilton cake pans and cannot justify purchasing any of the newer sharper edged pans at this point.

5 replies
-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 12:07am
post #2 of 6

Crease the parchment.

Back it with foil.

Corner ideas for you.

leah_s Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:18am
post #3 of 6

For a sheet pan I use a pan extender. I got mine at www. Big Tray .com

TheCakerator Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 6

thanks you guys, I have never heard of a pan extender? I will check out the link!

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 6:14pm
post #5 of 6

I mean you'd have to buy sheet pans to accomodate those liners, unless you already have them.

You might as well bite on getting regular square pans if it's that important to yah. I mean as much as you're gonna diddle with making things square and pay for the liners it would make the investment worth it.

TheCakerator Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 7:45pm
post #6 of 6

it is not that important to me ... I have only tried it once or twice and unfortunately I will have to make do with what I have in my house right now ... I can't justify spending money on new cake pans just for squarer corners for family and friends. Maybe one day!

Quote by @%username% on %date%