Oooo The Weather Outside Was Frightful....

Lounge By cakesbyjen Updated 30 Jan 2009 , 3:34am by barbaranoel

cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:13pm
post #1 of 6

and the snow was NOT delightful....

and since i had no place to go....

this happened to my car parked on the street icon_sad.gif boy was shoveling a workout...

5 replies
Deb_ Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 10:26pm
post #2 of 6

Ugghhhh...........We got it here in MA too. Snow than rain last night so side streets were a sheet of ice this morning. I'm not kidding you when I say we can skate on my driveway right now, that's how thick the ice is. If it weren't dark I'd take a picture for ya.

Well, January's almost gone so we're halfway through (at least that's what the weather guy just said).

The older I get the more I hate winter.

cakesbyjen Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 6

my BF pointed out that we haven't had this rough of a january in a long time... usually we'll get hit a couple days but overall the weather isn't terrible... but this is just non stop blah...

peg818 Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 11:38pm
post #4 of 6

My driveway and walk way are like ice skating rinks.

I went out to bring the garbage can to the curb and of course i had to go up hill on the ice dragging a full can. I hit the ice and had visions of myself laying on the walk with garbage all over me. Thank goodness it was just a vision and not a fact icon_smile.gif

christeena Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 2:03am
post #5 of 6

I'm still trying to de-stress after taking my niece back to college today after the area had gotten over 8 inches of snow. That wouldn't have been a big deal except that . . . SNOW + WIND = SNOWDRIFTS and a drive that normally takes 4 hours there and back took over 6 hours! Thank goodness, I had our Surburban and not my puny car or I'm sure I would have been swallowed up in snow! Give me SPRING any time now!!!

barbaranoel Posted 30 Jan 2009 , 3:34am
post #6 of 6

We got about 12-13 inches. More than we've gotten at one time in a few years.

I went out yesterday and shoveled enough to get one car out and figured that was good for now.

Luckily two guys came by and offered to do the rest for $20!! SOLD!!!!!!
With dh just having had brain surgery 9 days ago and my back subject to go out easily, it was well worth the $20.

Now to just de-ice the second car, I'll be good to go, but with him not being able to drive til at least March, I really only need one car.

Quote by @%username% on %date%