Foil Cupcake Liners

Decorating By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 4 Feb 2009 , 3:14am by ALVARGA

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 29 Jan 2009 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 7

Okay, so I ordered silver foil cupcake liners from CK so I could sell them at my store. Got them in and HATED them...very hard to get apart, so I decided to not sell them, just take them home. I like to bake with the foil liners I get at the grocery store, so I figured these would be the same.

I made the durable cake recipe (I always use this b/c I love it-cupcakes always turn out well) and added the extender. Every single cupcake I made sunk. I baked the next batch five minutes longer..they were then very done around the edges and sunk.

The only thing I can think of is the foil in these particular liners cooked them too fast. The oven was preheated to 350, and according to my oven thermometer it was the correct temp.

I then baked some chocolate cupcakes in white liners, and they turned out gorgeous.

Anyone else have this issue with these liners?

6 replies
gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 3:14am
post #2 of 7

It's funny you mention that. I made my Camp Cupcake cupcakes using the foil from the supermarket and some baked perfect and some sunk in the middle. I have no idea why... icon_rolleyes.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 31 Jan 2009 , 10:03pm
post #3 of 7

I made cupcakes with white liners last week. During the process, I ran out of the white ones.. so I switched to the foil ones. And guess what.. they came out crappy!! They shrunk up in the foil and were over-baked. I think it's exactly what you said.. the foil cooks them faster. Personally, I'm not using foil anymore...UNLESS I bake the entire batch in foil and then I will cut the baking time. (I think I baked 8 white liners and 4 foil at the same time).

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 1 Feb 2009 , 7:15am
post #4 of 7

Glad to know it's not all in my head...icon_smile.gif

BeeBoos-8599_ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeBoos-8599_ Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 12:34am
post #5 of 7

Foil liners SUCK. to be blunt about it. I have a small home based candy and cake business and have purchased the foil candy cups. I still have them and i think they have welded themselves to eachother. i realllly like the wax coated cups.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 2 Feb 2009 , 11:52pm
post #6 of 7

I'm glad it's not just me who thinks they're horrible!

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 4 Feb 2009 , 3:14am
post #7 of 7

I use the parchment lined foil ones. I bought them at my local cake shop and I use them all the time. I love them. They keep the cake moist and peel from the cupcake very easily. Never tried the grocery store ones except for the paper ones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%